New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    so mas ok ba yung havoline compared to shell's oil??

thanks ebriwan!! :D

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What's the best semi-synthetic oil recommended that not so expensive?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    how much po ba mag pa change oil?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir madmaxmaloles, sabi nila huwag ka na daw mag semi-synth, choose between synth and mineral nalang...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword
    sir madmaxmaloles, sabi nila huwag ka na daw mag semi-synth, choose between synth and mineral nalang...
    Thanks for the advise. anong best for both type of engine oils?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    semi syn is allright pero you might as well just add a couple of hundred for the full syn. if not, go for regular and just replace it more often.

about the oils, i personally stick with the bigger brands like mobil and castrol since i've had a lot of experience with these. more important than brands tho are the letters and numbers on the oil container. learn to decode the ratings, viscosity, etc of the oil so you know which one is the best for your car.

speedyfix: How long is the interval for the mobil1 0w40?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir speedyfix...in your opinion, ok po ba yung shell helix plus for a '95 civic esi? semi-synth po ba ito? what would you recommend for the said car? TIA!

sir aces_fan... nung nagpa-change oil ako last month, if i remember correctly, mga 1.5K sa SHELL (helix plus) including oil filter....
    Last edited by izzy; June 10th, 2005 at 02:04 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    well, it depends how you drive. i still replace it every 3-5000kms depending if i'm really abusing the engine. hehe! for more normal driving then you can go between 5-10k kms with it.

izzy, well since the oil is in the car then i say keep it na. palit ka nalang to full syn next time if it's within the budget.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    well, it depends how you drive. i still replace it every 3-5000kms depending if i'm really abusing the engine. hehe! for more normal driving then you can go between 5-10k kms with it.

izzy, well since the oil is in the car then i say keep it na. palit ka nalang to full syn next time if it's within the budget.
    thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
change oil...