New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    safe ka na sa every 5k change oil dude!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    maski full syn? kasi may nagsabi sa'kin na pag full syn pwedeng 10K eh...

pero i guess i'll go with changing oil every 5K km.. better safe than sorry...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    On our cars we change every 1 year... Havent had any problems. On my accord its fully synthetic, its been driven about 8k kms since its last oil change last july...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako, every 6 months ang palit ko sa pajero, mobil 1 5w50. whether i run 5k kms or not, but kung tumakbo na me ng 5k kms in les than 6 months, palit na but that has never happened yet.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    change oil every 5000 kms,
    if vehicle didnt reach 5000 kms in a yr, change oil every 6 months

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anong best na ma-rerecommend nyong engine oil for 6A12 n/a engine? Someone told me na di recommended ang fully synthetic oils for old cars? Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone experienced a decrease in mileage using full synthetic oil? medyo bumaba kasi mileage ko. or is it because before i used to change spark plugs at the same time i change oil (every 5k km with mineral oil) and since 8.5k km na hindi pa napalitan so it's the plugs and not the oil? pero para kasi since i filled in fully synthetic oil (sa shell station, forgot the brand) bumaba compute ko ng mileage e.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo...

ano ba ang dati mong langis?

ganyan sa akin... oil ko before is havoline energy synthetic (fuel-conserving naman kasi siya). mga around 9 km/L ako dati. nung nag synthetic ako mga 8-8.5 km/L na ang readings ko.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    your milage probably went down because of the change (if at all) of the viscosity of the oil, and not the kind (mineral, semi or full syn). thicker oils will tend to put a little bit more strain on the engine causing it to be worse with the milage.

learn how to pick the correct viscosity for your car... to thick or too thin is bad for the engine.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    by the way, older cars can benefit from more protection so full syn oils are ok too. again, the common misconception is that synthetic oils cause leaks, etc... but this is probably because the shop you go to recommended the incorrect viscosity (or that the seals were about to give up anyway...)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
change oil...