New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    closed din ako...never ko pa ata na try open to? ah 1 time na try kona pala... diko type kaya close ko nalang lagi

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    When parked outside and the car's interior feels like a pressure cooker due to the heat, I run the aircon at max cooling with the air vents open as outlined in my car's owner's manual. It does help to cool the interior a little faster.

Otherwise, the air vents on my rides are closed.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the vents of my car are closed most of the time. i open them once in a while during long drives out of the city, except when there are trucks, buses, jeepneys, trikes ahead of me that are belching smoke.

or i would roll down the both windows on the right side about 4 inches when the weather is cool to cold, saves on the use of the aircon.

my wife had me purchase an electric fan which can be attached to the louvers of the aircon to help vent the heat out especially if parked under the sun during the day.

don't mind if some think that it makes the car look like a taxi

here's a photo:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    closed all the time.

when i had my cleaning done at mang mario's, they did something so when i press the recirculate button, no air comes out of my vents. when i had my next cleaning, sabi nila tinakpan na lang daw nila ng foam yung **** (forgot what's it called) kasi pinapasukan ng ipis/daga. besides mas mabilis daw magdumi pag nakarecirculate.

ginagawa ko na lang when i need "fresh" air, i open the windows for a while.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    kaya din advise sa ibang manuals na dapat naka open ung vent is to introduce fresh air into the cabin of the car, and thus reducing the accumulation of Carbon dioxide (CO2) which causes sleepiness (pagkaantok)[this is for long period trips] so from time to time when having a long trips try to introduce fresh air inside (by opening the window).

safe driving everyone . . .

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    me.. madalas open kasi masarap ung hangin na malamig hehe nway sa baguio ako kaya mas madalas naka open ang window,

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I never thought of this before. I did notice that the knob is always set to CLOSE or Recirculate so it's closed most of the time.

But then if somebody farts inside, all bets off, emergency open agad lahat ng windows!

Patay tayo dyan :outcold:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    But then if somebody farts inside, all bets off, emergency open agad lahat ng windows!

Patay tayo dyan :outcold:
    I know of a friend who, when he's driving and passes gas, locks the window switches so nobody can open their window for ventilation

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Take note of this for those who love to run the car idling in enclosed spaces, this is very dangerous because even if you close the AC it's not completely closed so exhaust gasses (more importantly, carbon monoxide) can lead to CO poisoning. You're basically inhaling your car's exhaust, but you don't know it, because CO is odorless.
    naku malapit na ang feb 14...alam na ninyo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On some cars the vents open in 20 min interval, you have to manually close it. reason is to prevent driver and occupants from passing out, literally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
car ventilation