New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    open ba or close yun venilation nyo sa car? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    open: if you need some "fresh air"... like when driving for a long time and the air inside the car gets "stale".

closed: driving in the city, you won't get to smell the exhaust fumes and the smelly pile of garbage you just drove past.

Personally I have my vents set to CLOSED all the time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here. tried opening the vent once on my trip from alabang to makati. sa dami ng usok na pumapasok sa oto ko, sinara ko na lang.

disadvantages i can think of:

a) babaho loob ng oto.
    b) dudumi ang aircon filter.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vents are normally closed din. Pero if malapit na sa bahay (Laguna), turn off the aircon and open the windows para sa fresh air.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Me too, my vents are closed all the time.

Funny thing is, car manuals usually recommend that the vents be set to OPEN or Recirc(ulate), and actually state that the vents be closed for a maximum of around 5 minutes.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    closed vent all the time when my a/c is on. if i need fresh air or umulan na nag matagal i just open my window/s provided walang sinusundang mausok that way walang alikabok na papasok sa loob.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Me too, my vents are closed all the time.

Funny thing is, car manuals usually recommend that the vents be set to OPEN or Recirc(ulate), and actually state that the vents be closed for a maximum of around 5 minutes.
    siguro hindi applicable sa atin ang car manuals na yan.
    using La Union - Baguio route my vents are open, tapos bukas bintana pag foggy. sarap kasi feeling yung fog na pumapasok sa loob ng car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    close ventilation all the time in city driving and a/c on. open ventilation lang pag long drive with windows open sa driver and passenger side.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    closed all the time, with the quality of our air, I don't see any advantages in opening it...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here's the catch - when you close the ventilation, it actually does not completely close. Maybe 80% closed or even 90% but never completely 100% closed, to avoid asphyxiation or suffocation from recycled air. This also means you still smell a bit of odor from outside even if it's set to closed, and this also means leaving it closed all the time is perfectly fine since, like I mentioned, it's not really completely closed.

Take note of this for those who love to run the car idling in enclosed spaces, this is very dangerous because even if you close the AC it's not completely closed so exhaust gasses (more importantly, carbon monoxide) can lead to CO poisoning. You're basically inhaling your car's exhaust, but you don't know it, because CO is odorless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
car ventilation