New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero
    there is a stretch of road i drive daily sa amin na maraming lubak caused by water pipes. these are diggings crossing the road for water pipes pero hindi na tinabunan ng maynilad.

according to a driver neighbor, dapat daw iba ang treatment ko when driving over them. pag yung bump daw kasi pataas (like yung ordinary speed bumps na pataas), i should slow down. pero pag itong mga ito, i should maintain speed as not to feel the full force of the "tagtag".

usually, i slow down. pero dati di ko napansin na i was crossing one and parang totoo yung sinabi nya na it's better when you're going over them fast.

any thoughts from you guys?

depends.. if the gap is relatively narrow, I keep my speed up.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ok lang naman to go fast over them if your car can take it. minsan lang kawawa yung suspension kung dinerecho mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Marami rin nag sabi niyan best is to iwasan mo if kaya sinabi sa akin na king butas maganda mabilis kasi para hindi na maramdaman ng shock absorbers pag pataas slow down.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, the best thing to do is maintain a constant speed as you run across the pothole.

If you brake just before a pothole, the weight of the vehicle transfers to the front suspension thus exaggerating the impact forces both on you and on the vehicle. Ganyan kasi mag-drive isang driver namin dito. Nasubsob na nga kami sa pagpreno niya, naalog pa kami pagtama sa lubak. Kapag ako nagmamaneho (using the same vehicle) I just glide over the same potholes.

Unless ga-higante talaga mga craters diyan, best option mo nun is to brake early para hindi stressed ang front suspension during the moment of impact.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Mga experts, instead of starting a new thread, i decided to revive this one.

With the onslaught of road re-pavementing plaguing our entire region, our cars are suffering. We have to travel through poked roads. Which is better, must we speed up or slow down? Is there a different "ideal" speed, say, when you drive a subcompact through these roads, as when you drive an AUV through them? I posted pics of what we go through on a daily basis. Part lang yan, kilometers ang span niyan. Di rin pwede pumili ng lane kasi most of the time puno both lane.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    Mga experts, instead of starting a new thread, i decided to revive this one.

With the onslaught of road re-pavementing plaguing our entire region, our cars are suffering. We have to travel through poked roads. Which is better, must we speed up or slow down? Is there a different "ideal" speed, say, when you drive a subcompact through these roads, as when you drive an AUV through them? I posted pics of what we go through on a daily basis. Part lang yan, kilometers ang span niyan. Di rin pwede pumili ng lane kasi most of the time puno both lane.

On roads like that, it is better to slow down. But there is no ideal speed.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    pag ranger, ratrat.

pag mazda2. slow to a crawl.

:rofl:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
bumps on the road