New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i noticed this one kanina lang on the pajero (80T kms, 2002 bought from casa, 2.8L turbodiesel) that when i accelerate, i hear a sort of "boiling/gargling" sound from the front (engine area). any ideas on what might be the possible cause and solution?
    TIA.

Last edited by nugundam93; May 30th, 2006 at 03:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could be the turbo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yikes.

could it be related na about a month ago, i hear some loud whine (louder than usual) when accelerating? nawala naman din siya after about 2 weeks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir,

Try to check if its coming from the radiator reservior. How is your temperature? How is your coolant level?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i only hear the sound at acceleration. during idle and deceleration (di nakaapak sa gas), i don't get that sound.

hmmm...it is possible nga sa reservoir galing. i usually see spilled coolant coming from the cap. the thing is, ganun na yung reservoir for about months na, while this issue just came up recently. reservoir last time i checked, half laman niya. i topped it off about 3 months ago.

as for temp...almost overheated dati (nung time of the manila international motorshow sa WTC) kasi nagfail yung 2 aux fan, so they were fixed. at that time, let's say about 75 or 80% na yung needle sa temp gauge, near the red zone, and that the oil pressure light was intermittently blinking, and the car was already hesistating. after the fans were fixed, the temp just stays at the midzone.

if this would help, when we almost overheated, the outside temp sensor read about 56 deg. celsius (about 8pm yan ah, in traffic). highest i've reached so far in traffic in the midday summer sun is about 51 deg. celsius on the outside temp sensor but midzone lang yung temp sa dash.

"boiling/gargling" sound while accelerating