New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    center link=drag link. When you flip it the ball joint will be wrong side up. Check kung may tinatamaan.
    Usually they use a mitsubishi steering box (LHD). But it should still turn full unless may tinataam ang mga lings or the angles dont match.

hand brake is self adjusting. if i recall you mentioned overheating brakes. If this is the same wheel, the asbestos lining on the shoe might have been dislodge because of the the extreme heat. Just a wild guess.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    center link=drag link. When you flip it the ball joint will be wrong side up. Check kung may tinatamaan.
    Usually they use a mitsubishi steering box (LHD). But it should still turn full unless may tinataam ang mga lings or the angles dont match.

hand brake is self adjusting. if i recall you mentioned overheating brakes. If this is the same wheel, the asbestos lining on the shoe might have been dislodge because of the the extreme heat. Just a wild guess.
    The the ball joint ends are still right side up but the pitman arm end (which used to be in the right side) has been turned or flipped so that now it is already on the left side where the (transferred) pitman arm is.

You mean angle between the pitman arm and drag link vs angle between idler arm and drag link? might have to check that as well.

Would you know what steering box (brand and part no.), whether mitsu or Isuzu, should have been installed?

Or maybe Sir you know of a shop that could check, and hopefully fix, my steering problem?
    Last edited by bigcawa; September 4th, 2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spell check

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The drag link has an offset as regards to holes for pitman and idler and the 2 ball joints that if you turn it left side to right and vice versa, something will face in the wrong way. Just a gut feel though not sure.
    Wala ako kilala that is into conversion.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok. Thanks again 4JG. Hirap nito di ko kasi makita yung car. Will try to check everything when I get back na lang.

Would you happen to know a place where I can get surplus steering geabox and draglink for a Bighorn? Pareho ba sila nung mga nakakabit sa mga local units? Kung ayaw talaga maayos mukhang ito na lang ang paraan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro,

Have a suggestion pero medyo mahirap. If you have relatives near SF there is a recycling for hyundai/isuzu. They have units na pwedeng for parts. Pump, fittings/hoses and steering box is what you need. Bolt in sana ito.

Kung ganahan ka pa steering column na rin at linkage.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Bro,

Have a suggestion pero medyo mahirap. If you have relatives near SF there is a recycling for hyundai/isuzu. They have units na pwedeng for parts. Pump, fittings/hoses and steering box is what you need. Bolt in sana ito.

Kung ganahan ka pa steering column na rin at linkage.

Saan po yung "SF". I will be interested in a complete steering box assembly and a drag link, perhaps

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... if you like the oem isuzu gearbox punta ka sa mga autosupply that caters to isuzu parts. sa caloocan may isuzuparts, 4th or 5th ave ata yun. or you can have a competent mechanic check out your steering system and see what is stopping it from making a full turn.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Maraming salamat sa mga suggestions sir. I will update this thread kung ano na nangyari sa Bighorn ko.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I was checking the archives and found this thread. The post by garyq caught my attention. Is possible that the idler arm (or the pitman arm) is causing the problem? What did he mean by "you can buy the orig LHD para walang welding or should I say minimal welding"?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/archi...hp/t-5728.html

I have changed the idler assembly (?) but i think did not change the arm itself. Hindi kasama at bakal lang naman yun, hindi nasisira

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bighorn turning radius