New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in addition to happy_gilmore's advise, the next time you are about to undergo emmission testing, load up with higher octane fuel (Blaze) then try driving fast and hard(do this very carefully), para tanggal ang mga carbon deposits.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    in addition to happy_gilmore's advise, the next time you are about to undergo emmission testing, load up with higher octane fuel (Blaze) then try driving fast and hard(do this very carefully), para tanggal ang mga carbon deposits.
    yup, i agree. and also make sure that your engine is at the proper operating temperature and idle is at 700-800rpm just to make sure.

I always set aside a weekend (pick a very desolate stretch of road) just before the emission test and "push" the car to it's limits to get the carbon deposits out... then clean the muffler tip all the way to the middle portion with a brush after... then emission test the next day so far works for me without tweaking the A/F mixture and idle setting.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoy_a
    Bagsak ako...97 civic lxi....bat kaya? ano kaya dapat gawin. sa casa 5k...mahal....tnx...
    Wow! I cant believe someone actually failed an emissions test! Nung nagpa emission test ako last march, ang dami ko nakitang diesel na AUV ang uusok, lahat, pasado! Have your car serviced (change oil/ tune up) and have another go at the emissions test...kung wala kang time, follow norrissee's advice.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoy_a
    Ok na...pass na...hehe..dagdag ako 200....pero ano kaya dapat gawin kung bagsak tlga? sparkplug and oil ba un?

don't do that! kaya sila dumarami. i suggest to have a complete tune-up: spark plugs, and oil change, air filter clean/change.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    tune up talaga before testing para pumasa. this way, alam mong ayos ang makina mo at alam mo rin na papasa ka sa test.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try mo sa manual sa honda merong doon mga unit to inspect pagnagfail sa emission test, www.honda.co.uk maglog ka as honda owner.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sana pinanood mo yun ibang tinetest. first time na inimplement yan grabe yun testing center dito sa min. biglang tatadyakan yun gas hanggang floor! 100 + kami na test pero 10 lang yata kami pumasa. gusto ko sanang batukan yun nagtetesting eh! naturingan pa naman mekaniko daw sya pero hindi dapat tinatapakan ng ganin ang silinyador! buti na lang madami na testing centers.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Pati pala emission testing centers are becoming corrupt making the Clear Air Act useless.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    Pati pala emission testing centers are becoming corrupt making the Clear Air Act useless.
    lahat ng mga bagong regulations, ordinances etc na iniimplement ng gobyerno, sad to say ay nagiging dahilan ng corruption.... and we are also to blame kasi pinapatulan natin.....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tnx sa reply guys...pinalitan ko na air filter, oil, and fuel filter, and spark plugs... hirap mag maintain kung estudyante ka plng....minsan ko lang tuloy gamitn..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
bagsak sa emission test...