New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I need backup sensors. Ive seen the ones available around LP they only come in black. Iam not sure about it because my car is red.

And I can't imagine black backup sensors riveted on a red bumper, not sure if it'd look okay. Is there a red backup sensor? My car's habanero red its red-orangish or sumthing is there an available backup sensor close to this shade?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's okay... Toyota installs black colored back-up sensors on their cars.

Fords come with body-colored sensors from the factory, but I don't know if these are available as aftermarket items.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Ford's backup sensors are reportedly Audiovox sensors. Had them installed on my Everest. They are also paintable, which means you can have sensors which are the same color as your car's body. I find these sensors very reliable. In fact, I am so confident about their reliability, I don't look back anymore while backing up.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    True, they're very good and very sensitive. They have a better viewing angle than the ones I've tried on Hyundais, Mitsubishis and Toyotas, and they don't have an irritating buzz like some of those systems do. Plus, the fact that there are three levels of warning (beep.....beep at around 2 feet+, beep...beep...beep at under 1 foot, and beeeeeep at under six inches) allows me to park within an inch of our tight garage's wall.

Which is why I'm pissed that one of the drivers actually hit something while parking... ...the dolt...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Curious lang po. Pede po ba yan ilagay ng mas mababa to check kung tatama na sa gutter?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think back-up sensors come in black in its stock form. People just have them painted to conform to the body paint. I'm not sure if painting the sensor would affect its sensitivity though.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    anu pong brand? Kasi ang hirap mag punta sa auto shops na hindi ako alam exactly what I want kung anu anu binebenta nila sakin haaay

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Curious lang po. Pede po ba yan ilagay ng mas mababa to check kung tatama na sa gutter?
    there's a height specification for installation, if i am not mistaken...in any case, if installed properly, it will sense even the road gutters

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    True, they're very good and very sensitive. They have a better viewing angle than the ones I've tried on Hyundais, Mitsubishis and Toyotas, and they don't have an irritating buzz like some of those systems do. Plus, the fact that there are three levels of warning (beep.....beep at around 2 feet+, beep...beep...beep at under 1 foot, and beeeeeep at under six inches) allows me to park within an inch of our tight garage's wall.

Which is why I'm pissed that one of the drivers actually hit something while parking... ...the dolt...
    maybe your driver looked back while parking...hehehe.

Back up sensors