New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    he means upgraded/stiffer sway bars...lowers body roll even more so than the stock ones....btw, may typo sa earlier post ko - i meant to say you should lubricate the endlinks, not bushings.
    Endlinks ba? Kaya pala eh :p Tatlong beses ko nang lagay ng lithium grease at maingay parin. I replaced my OEM rear sway bar with a thicker 22mm bar (Suspension Techniques)
    Last edited by FLiPMaRC; July 22nd, 2003 at 10:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by geraldmartin
    so d ko na kailangan palitan front? lagay na lang ako sa rear?
    yes.

at kung gusto mo talagang palitan ang front, make sure na stiffer nga ang sa likod. (i.e. 20mm front and 22mm rear)

FLiPMaRC, as I've said before, nilagyan ko ng teflon tape around the swaybar where the heavyduty mount is. Lubricate everything where the polyurethane bushing is touching the metal. Polyurethane Bushings are stiffer than the conventional one, EXPECT it to make some noise.

Squeaky noise = STIFF (and you know its working fine)
    Clunky noise = re-torque all bolts :lol:

M54 said "lubricate the endlinks," the after market endlinks comes with a polyurethane bushing.

To make everything clear, look at the installed pic and the WRX OEM vs. Whiteline Stuff.

notice the teflon tape around the Adjustable (20-24) swaybar to further reduce squeaking. and also pictured is the installed endlink, the circle where you would grease it before installing.

OEM vs Whiteline Flat-Out Aussie Made
    Circled BLUE is an endlink with Polyurethane bushings (lubricate where the bolt goes) and the Circled RED is the OEM endlink with rubber bushings.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :cool: Thanks ... I greased the bish out of the bushings but didn't put teflon tape on the bar. Does it make a difference? My bar uses the OEM endlinks, that's why I didn't grease it. Do I still need to?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM endlinks doesnt need to be greased because the squeak is coming from the swaybar mount bushing rubbing the metal. But if you have some spare grease, you can put some on the OEM endlink. But I just dont see the need tho'

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    geraldmartin, kung di ako nagkakamali si sir fr3d3rick of HCP(poster din siya rito) eh nagpalagay ng anti-sway bar sa kanyang EK('96 EK yang sa iyo di ba? )...pm mo na lang siya para malaman mo kung saan siya nakabili...

bukod sa anti-sway bars pwede mo pa dagdagan ng rear tower bar at rear lower tie bar tulad nito:

rear lower tie bar

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang sa MARC Caltex ang kuha na iyan ha.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    OEM endlinks doesnt need to be greased because the squeak is coming from the swaybar mount bushing rubbing the metal. But if you have some spare grease, you can put some on the OEM endlink. But I just dont see the need tho'
    Oh okay ... I'm going to try that teflon tape trick ;) after greasing it 3 times it's still squeaking :mad: I put so much grease the last time, its pouring out on the side :lol::beard:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by FLiPMaRC
    hahaha * FliPMaRC, grease doesnt last long. Teflon Tape, I believe, doesnt last long either. So, using them both will make the lifespan of being squeakless :lol:

geraldmartin, okay nga din yung lower tie-bar or lagyan mo ng rear upper :p

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    geraldmartin ito may nagbebenta ng anti-sway bar for EK sa HCP

http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forum/in...ay;threadid=96

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
anti sway bars