New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron na nyan ang Suspension Techniques, I think matagal na. Kaya lang some people, tend to concentrate on engine mods.

M54 is right, you can install it yourself. I did mine two weeks ago just by using a car ramp and a set of tools.

Whiteline Made in Australia

-Front Strut Bar
    -Rear Strut Bar
    -20-24 Adjustable Swaybar
    -Heavy Duty Mount
    -Heavy Duty Bracket
    -Alloy Endlinks
    -Polyurethane Bushings
    -Grease of course

Just a thought, nilagyan ko ng teflon tape yan para minimize ang squeak ng bushings rubbing the metal.

click here for pictures, install in progress:
    http://www.pbase.com/wrxplosive/suspension_stuff

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54, tama ka din sa una mong post, lahat dapat na lalagyan mo ng bushings sa suspension, may grease...less squeaking.

and again, tama na naman si M54 (dami na points mo ah! :lol: ) stiffer and or adjustable swaybar.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ah, stiffer ones. Sorry, off roader ako eh I concentrate on removing anti sway bars.
    Actually, after installation, pag may noise, effective ang WD 40. I sprayed my entire suspension system with it and all squeaky noise was gone.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bubbles
    Ah, stiffer ones. Sorry, off roader ako eh I concentrate on removing anti sway bars.
    Actually, after installation, pag may noise, effective ang WD 40. I sprayed my entire suspension system with it and all squeaky noise was gone.
    hahaha, kaya naman pala eh.

pero kapatid, WD40 and other grease doesnt stay in the bushings forever. Kaya nga ang sabi ko, aside from GREASE, may teflon tape din. Para kapag nwala yung grease, may back-up sa anti-sqeak. Although Polyurethane Bushings are known to be stiffer than normal bushings, it is known to sqeak while rubbing with the metal (i.e. sway bar) ;) Thats the trade off...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mang kards,
    saan ba yang suspension techniques?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gerald, hindi ko alam kung saan meron sa pinas ng Suspension Techniques. Try mo din kung merong Neuspeed, Cusco, Skunk2, CompTech (among the few manufacturers) Brands. Kung merong Local Brand made from Pinas, pwede na din, basta reputable yung manufacturer. Also, some people replace their front swaybar with the same size of the rear. You dont wanna do this because you will be back to square one (understeer). You want the rear to be stiffer than the front. Kung papalitan mo din ang front, make sure na mas stiff yung sa likod. Last thing, leave the from endlinks alone. Kse yung bushings na kasama ng aftermarket na endlinks is so stiff that grease and teflon tape wont eliminate/minimize the squeak. Unless you can deal with the noise, then go for it. But OEM front endlinks (on my WRX) is decent enough and not to mess with.

Pictures:
    http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/MODASWB/

Some of these are facts, but a lot of them are my own opinions.

Owner discretion is advised, hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    How come in my car the polybushings are the quiet ones. now that im running full polybushing suspension no more noise.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bubbles
    How come in my car the polybushings are the quiet ones. now that im running full polybushing suspension no more noise.
    not everyone will or have this noise but MOST. where do you have the polyurethane bushings installed? onto the swaybar mount attached to the swaybar?

edit: kapatid, could you do all of us a favor? Could you adjust the size of your sig to at least 180x135? Thanks
    Last edited by Karding; July 19th, 2003 at 03:49 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Honda Civic 96-2000 Vtis have sway bars (They call it stabilizer) only in front. Only SiRs have sway bars both at the front and rear.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so d ko na kailangan palitan front? lagay na lang ako sa rear?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
anti sway bars