New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pansin ko lang... old Honda ATs are a bit problematic. from the Civic to the Accord.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, madalas masira ang VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) ng AT ng Accord, baka yun yun?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba kung sira yung VSS the speedo won't work anymore?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Hmm, madalas masira ang VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) ng AT ng Accord, baka yun yun?
    Hmmm...sana nga yun, para cheap fix. But since I bought the car last Dec 2005, it never malfunctioned.

Medyo doubtful din kasi ako na AT yung problema, kasi ok naman hatak ng "1" & "2", walang problema. Also, ok din D3/D4 at medium speeds. Its just that parang ayaw nyang umarangkada coming from P or full stop, imagine trying to drive a car from stop with the 3rd gear engaged, minus the nginig na sobra. Kaya I have to shift down to 2 from P, then shift again to D4. Which defeats the purpose of having an AT.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    di ba kung sira yung VSS the speedo won't work anymore?
    sa officemate ko gumagana padin

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    di pa ata obd yan 97 na accord pero it might be better to get a 2nd opinion before doing anything big like getting the tranny.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *speedyfix,
    circa 1992 DSM ECU's were already OBD-I. so at the very least i am guessing na OBD-I yung 97 na accord, most likely OBD-II na nga yan..

at the very least the casa would have the device to connect to the ECU (the Special Purpose Tool)

ang alam ko si Zee (in Aurora ha.. not Cruven) has a universal OBD reader. might be cheaper to have them check than the casa. alam ko 1000 ang OBD reading sa casa eh. i could be wrong though.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Nung nasira VSS ko yung speedo minsan gumagana, minsan nde. Pero nde nagkaproblem yung pag shift ng gears, it reset to a failsafe mode.

Natry mo na mag reset ng ECU?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Pansin ko lang... old Honda ATs are a bit problematic. from the Civic to the Accord.
    Wag naman sna...
    lemon lang un na nahinog na...
    bka magpalit ako ng makina. hehehe...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    *speedyfix,
    circa 1992 DSM ECU's were already OBD-I. so at the very least i am guessing na OBD-I yung 97 na accord, most likely OBD-II na nga yan..

at the very least the casa would have the device to connect to the ECU (the Special Purpose Tool)

ang alam ko si Zee (in Aurora ha.. not Cruven) has a universal OBD reader. might be cheaper to have them check than the casa. alam ko 1000 ang OBD reading sa casa eh. i could be wrong though.

all 96' up are all OBDII compliant.Mahal pala mag pascan dyan.You can buy a OBDII universal scanner for only $120 dollars.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Another AT problem