New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Peeps

I've searched the forums, wala kasing identical problem as mine, kaya I created a new thread

Nagfa-flash yung D4 indicator ng Accord ko, (97 VTi-S), indicating a problem sa AT. Napansin ko nga na pag D4 or D3, mahina hatak coming from a full stop. As in mataas na yung rev, pero mabagal pa rin takbo. After a while though, ok na sya. Yung 1 & 2, ok din, wala naman problema. So normally, from P, I shift agad to 2 para maganda ang atak, then shift to D4.

I changed my ATF, thinking that was the problem, pero ganun pa din. Ok naman amoy ng ATF, di naman amoy sunog.

I hate to think na bibili na ako ng surplus, kasi 23,500 ang quote ko from Ultimate Surplus, kasama labor.

Ano kaya problema?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    go to the casa and have them download the OBD codes. that would probably take out a lot of guesswork.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although I don't want to guess, it sounds like the tranny is getting ready to give up.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    how about trying an ATF dialysis? just search for it in the forums.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Have it scan,Also sign of clutch slipping.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    err, clutch slipping?

it's an AUTO tranny. it has no clutch.

i would also go with GH's theory. a car that age with an auto-tranny.. i think it's possible to overhaul these things. what usually gives in an auto tranny? the planetary gearset or the torque converter? or the solenoids for shifting gears?

that's a pretty damn expensive surplus tranny. someone quoted me a Mazda KL-01 engine (2.5L V6) and auto-tranny for 30k. no labor yet, but that's for both the engine and the tranny.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    err, clutch slipping?

Technically it has a clutch inside the planetary system
    i.
    Good catch.Time to go to bed.
    Last edited by ronald_m; August 28th, 2006 at 11:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've driven a 96 Accord with a similar problem... very interesting drive in traffic, as I couldn't go over 60 km/h, and it was guzzling gas like crazy. That's an expensive fix.

If you're revving hard but not going anywhere... parang di na nag-lo-lock ang torque converter? Weird problem, bro.

Okay, just talked to the owner of the Accord, in his case, it was broken linkages, and they had to replace the transmission, cost him only 15k last year... you should definitely shop around for prices.

His observation is: it sounds like your ATF pump isn't working. That's why it only happens when the transmission is cold or coming from a stop. You could have a mechanic check that first.

If the advice is wrong, it's not my fault...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks sa mga replies.

Hmmm, mahal pa pala yung 20k for a surplus AT. Early last year kasi, when I accompanied a friend sa Banawe, ang going rate for a surplus AT was around 23k. Wala kaming nakita below 20k. Good to know na malaki na yung bagsak presyo. Or maybe because ang dating namin eh ignorante, hehe, kaya balak nilang tumaga

I'm sincerely hoping na I dont have to buy a surplus. Sana ATF pump or solenoid lang or whatever. So far, ok pa naman ang takbo, my main problem is pag may mga inclined roads (sa mall parking) and coming from a full stop. Talagang di kaya umakyat pag D3/D4. I have to shift pa to 2 or 1. But on flat roads, "2" muna ako, then pag naka 40kmh na ako, shift to D4, ok ang takbo, I can reach 100kmh easily.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really helps kasi kung may "ka-sosyo" ka. But then again, with current inflation, 20k might not be far off as a realistic price.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Another AT problem