New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm a little bit at lost here . 1 quart is .946 litres right? If a quart is $6.55 and I buy 4-5 quarts if say if I need at least 4 litres, then that would amount to 1336.2 - 1670.25 pesos disregarding shipping/sales tax. Wouldn't that be bordering semi-synthetic price? The last time I checked a Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil in Ace Hardware, it cost 3000+.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    I'm a little bit at lost here . 1 quart is .946 litres right? If a quart is $6.55 and I buy 4-5 quarts if say if I need at least 4 litres, then that would amount to 1336.2 - 1670.25 pesos disregarding shipping/sales tax. Wouldn't that be bordering semi-synthetic price? The last time I checked a Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil in Ace Hardware, it cost 3000+.
    2,500 lang bro ung fullsynthetic na mobile 1 sa ace kaka tingin ko lang kanina!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

However, for commuter and non-racing cars like mine, anything meeting or exceeding manufacturer suggested lubricants is good enough. No point going over the top.

YOu got that right.Change it hot,change it often.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bro. ano viscosity ng mobil1 fully synthetic ang nakita mo? sa cash and carry ang mobil1 fully synthetic nila 15w 50 is 450 per quart. (quart siya kasi galing at amde sa US) mas ok ang timpla ng US compared sa loacla market na mobil 1.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparcom View Post
    ...sa cash and carry ang mobil1 fully synthetic nila 15w 50 is 450 per quart
    Saan ba yung mga branches ng Cash and Carry? Naghahanap ako ng Mobil 1 Delvac fully synthetic 5W-40 for turbodiesels. Sa Ace kasi 600+ per liter

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    isa lang ang cash and carry and it is located at south expressway corner buendia.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just check for the rating of motor oils.

most motor oils out in the market already have an SJ or SL rating - which EXCEEDS the minimum recommended rating of almost all new or old vehicle. that rating along with the oil's viscosity is enough for even the most discerning enthusiast.

heck, if you want the BEST out there... get Petronas' SM rated motor oil. they are the first ones to exceed the SL rating AFAIK.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Castrol is also SM rated

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    there are better oils out there. plus you might have a problem bringing in lubricants. i heard medyo mahigpit na customs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    As with any synthetic, its worth it if you are going to use it to its full potential and utilize all of its advantages over mineral.

However, for commuter and non-racing cars like mine, anything meeting or exceeding manufacturer suggested lubricants is good enough. No point going over the top.
    Tama si Sir OTEP...

Nasubukan ko na rin ang AMSOIL, I think you can only buy theit products online, bumili kasi ako ng isang box nun, medyo may kamahalan, so I switch to Mobil 1 synthetics medyo may kamahalan din. Pero ngayon I stop buying expensive motor oil, tama si Sir OTEP "anything that meets or exceed should be good enough". Medyo mag worry ka na lang sa Oil Filter, you may have a synthetic oil that can last for 5 to 6 months, pero ang Oil filter mo naman eh cheapo and it doesn't filter the contaminants so useless ang "expensive oil mo"

Here's a link that the author actually opens and examine on whats inside an oil filter.

http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/filters/filters.shtml
    http://diy.prostreetonline.com/techt...sp?articleid=2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
amsoil vs other oil syntehtics