New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i agree with the other sirs about what they said.

remain stock unless you want a little engine accent and deep intake sound.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Consider also the following:

Cost of an OEM Air Filter - P1,100.00 (this is casa price and my car is a Lynx 2.0 RS); it requires replacement every 5000km; and in my case, I'll need 3 replacement in one-year.

Cost of a KNN Filter - P3,500.00 - P4,000.00; good enough for the entire lifetime of the car, i.e., if we are to believe the manufacturer.

I may not get a significant increase in HP using a KNN filter but certainly I can save quite a sum as opposed to using the OEM air filter. After a little over a year bawi na initial cost of my KNN filter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glendalynm View Post
    I've been planning to upgrade my car with one of those beautiful air intakes most guys slap into their cars. At Fernandos, Visayas Ave, it costs only P4000! Unlike K&N which costs P12000

12k?! AFAIK K&N cone types price ranges from 3k-5k. you can attach it on to the stock intake tube or get those simota tubes for 1.5-2k. it won't cost you 12k unless if its one of those complete K&N setups like the FIPK2

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Consider also the following:

Cost of an OEM Air Filter - P1,100.00 (this is casa price and my car is a Lynx 2.0 RS); it requires replacement every 5000km; and in my case, I'll need 3 replacement in one-year.

Cost of a KNN Filter - P3,500.00 - P4,000.00; good enough for the entire lifetime of the car, i.e., if we are to believe the manufacturer.

I may not get a significant increase in HP using a KNN filter but certainly I can save quite a sum as opposed to using the OEM air filter. After a little over a year bawi na initial cost of my KNN filter.

hmm...but won't we need to "recharge" the filter with some kind of K&N fluid every once in a while? magkano kaya ung fluid?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Supierreman View Post
    12k?! AFAIK K&N cone types price ranges from 3k-5k. you can attach it on to the stock intake tube or get those simota tubes for 1.5-2k. it won't cost you 12k unless if its one of those complete K&N setups like the FIPK2
    bosing ung 12k yan ay cai po not just filters! kasi non sense kung filter lang palitan mo sa intake ng oto mo!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hmm...but won't we need to "recharge" the filter with some kind of K&N fluid every once in a while? magkano kaya ung fluid?
    P800 yun cleaning kit.

But you dont need to clean it till after 20,000km.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    guys tanong ko lang kung magbabago ba ung sound kunwari drop in k&n filter lang nilagay? honda accord kasi auto ko, gusto ko sana kasi medyo bumaba ung sound nung engine.. eh ayaw ko nung cone type kasi experience ko dati dun ang bagal nga pag mainit at traffic

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Minimal lang sound difference from stock pag drop in. Pero when you switch off the engine may parang whoosh sound hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What is the advantage of using a drop in k&n airfilter vs stock?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its reusable. and you still retain that "stock" look on the engine bay compared to open type filters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Air Intakes a Scam?