New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mazinger,

KBR has a good solution to your needs. But you will have to change the front as well and you will sacrifice 1st gear power.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    90 kmh at 3k rpm sir. Had reached 130 kph at 5,000 rpms di pa naman redline. Pero at 140 kph nanginig na natakot na ako hehehe. speedometer gauge only reaches up to 160 kph lang. Ibibili ko na lang siguro ng snorkel ( am not that mad at money yet hehehe). Thanks sirs.
    130kph is fast for a vitara at 140 kph yun mga nginig na yan eh could be from a lot of components like tires, alignment/balancing, suspensions, underpinnings, body, engine,tranny mounts, etc. A local vitara has a part time 4wd. ring and pinion should be match to the front as you can easily damage the weaker one when you shift to 4hi or 4lo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As mentioned if you change gears you'll have to do the front also because of the part time 4wd. Keep in mind that you also don't have an engine with tons of torque so if you gear it for top speed you'll be at higher RPM to make it move in first gear. If it shakes at high speed get the steering,suspension, and tires checked. But the Vitara is a narrow box so you'll still be unstable at high speed. Why not just get a lift and bigger tires and use it for off roading instead of trying to make it a speed demon? You can have more fun going slow off road anyways.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Actually i am shelving the plans to have a 6th forward gears na lang sirs. Nagpa canvas na lang ako ng snorkel and body lift. I sometimes go (about twice a month) to my father-in-law's fishfarm up northern Iloilo, where offroading is the name of the game. Pero to be honest, masarap pa ring humataw when there is a long stretch of clear and safe road going there. hehehe. . . . Hiramin ko na lang siguro ford focus ng opisina on out of town trips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is 6 forward gears possible for a Vitara?