New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Guys! I saw some bad news that Jaguar will remove the X-Type from their lineup! I don't believe it! Here's the truth I saw on the internet:

Jaguar is finally canning its unpopular X-Type, with the loss of 300 jobs.

The slow-selling saloon and estate range have been culled due to falling demand. The production line is thus to be closed ahead of time, as the firm reallocates resources to more profitable (and better-selling) model lines. Alas, this does mean voluntary redundancies at the Halewood plant.
    Jaguar intended the X-Type to be a high-selling BMW 3 Series rival, but the model never achieved any such level of success. Sales volumes failed to reach the high levels Jaguar longed for, mainly because of two key failings - dated styling and the Ford Mondeo underpinnings.

It was always quite a good car to drive, particularly following a series of minor facelifts through the years. These eventually brought diesel engines to the range too, and the later estate was also a much more elegant and attractive design. But, by then, it was too late.
    Jaguar persisted - with the latest round of changes last year bringing a 2.2-litre diesel auto to the line-up - but X-Type sales continued to decline. With overall Jaguar volumes down nearly 30 percent, the company has decided to concentrate resources on the vital new XJ saloon. Few will mourn its passing...
    I don't believe why did they do that.... BUT HOW WOULD THEY DO THAT?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the dire effects of the poor world economy, there would be sacrifices done to keep companies profitable.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The X-Type was nothing to write home about really.

It was poorly built, inside and out. The facelifts were like putting more makeup on an average woman and entering her for Miss World. It just couldn't hide the fact that it was oh so Ford like underneath.

I remember driving a friends X-Type back in it's native London, it felt so cheap and un-Jaguar like. The dashboard looked like a 1900's airplane cockpit and wood effect was a joke. You can pick up a 2002 model with relatively high mileage in the used market today for around £2,500 or P200,000. But not here in Phils ;)

It's ashame because it had the potential to penetrate that sector of the market, but it failed.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The X-Type was a good car underneath. Because what was underneath the X-Type was the Ford Mondeo. The Ford Mondeo is a sales leader in Europe, but the X-Type is a basketcase. Too many people know what's what, and recognize how silly it is to pay so much money for something you could get cheaper elsewhere.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    UGLIEST car in the world. The very reason why Jaguar became Indian.

Good Riddance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what? so how will it affect the resale value? We still have 03 Jaguar X-TYPE/

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Don't think it'll have much effect on the resale value here... The Jaguar name will carry it forward...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658539,00.html

It appeared in Time's list of worst cars eva.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I can confirm this since our last X-type model has been sold last week......

IMO the X-type is a good car......It does the job.........Its quite Luxurious......But all in all......Its too simple and basic to compete with present models.....

No more X-Type?