New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Hindi ba pwedeng ibahin ang design ng Jeep? Alam niyo na, to make it lighter, more aerodynamic, fuel efficient etc. I don't think the brick like profile or ten horses on the hood do any good.

Sana imbis na Jeep mga AUV's na lang na parang jeep ang likuran. Tapos simpleng mga kulay lang.

Let's leave the traditional jeepneys to the museums.
    There were attempts to design a more modern replacement of the jeepney by some of the auto manufacturers but the resulting vehicles weren't widely accepted.

There is also the updated version of the jeepney in Makati. Its airconditioned and more bus-like internally. But it still looks like a typical jeepney from the outside.

I think the real solution for the polluting jeepney is not to replace the jeepney altogether but to create a viable alternative engine/fuel for it to use than diesel. I have seen an electric jeepney at one of the motorshows last year. Although I don't think thats ready for the real world, its a step in the right direction.

Maybe LPG powered jeepneys might be the solution.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the implementation of the Clean Air Act, I see two things that will spell doom for your favorite jeepney:

1. Higher diesel fuel costs; and
    2. Tougher emission standards resulting in non-registration.

Siyempre, magpi-picket nanaman ang mga 'yan at sasabihin na hindi nila kaya dahil sa kahirapan, etc., etc. It's like being poor is your ultimate trump card to disregard all laws.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter,

Para palang yung mga modern trucks. U.S. truckers were also very reluctant to accept the newer aerodynamic trucks because most of them thought it did not look 'macho' enough.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    IMHO, the gov must think of a new cheap mode of mass transport as an alternative to jeepney.

or

we do what the americans do.

walk. walk and walk. Just like in NY.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FrankDrebin,

that's impossible :lol: ... e yung mga commuters nga tamad na tamad maglakad to jeepney stops for the most part... gusto kung saan talaga pupunta doon sa tapat talaga bababa... never mind if it causes the jeepney driver to stop to unload/load passengers ten times over a distance of ten meters! :evil:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ANG TAGAL NAMAN!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/i][/b]

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    FrankDrebin,

that's impossible :lol: ... e yung mga commuters nga tamad na tamad maglakad to jeepney stops for the most part... gusto kung saan talaga pupunta doon sa tapat talaga bababa... never mind if it causes the jeepney driver to stop to unload/load passengers ten times over a distance of ten meters! :evil:
    tama ka duon brod.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pag luma na palitan na ng baso pero hindi naman siguro tama na yung bago dapat mag improve tulad ng makina saka iba pang parts for safety

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Will Jeepneys become Extinct?