Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    again, sino mamumuhunan?

wala po.

ideas are just ideas if u can't get it to materialize

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Right on. Economic feasibility is the most important factor of any venture... No one believes its feasible as we speak, no matter how the die hard car fanatics would like to have our own local brand. Hey at least we still have our owner-type jeeps, truly Pinoy

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpunzalan View Post
    Lots of reasons!:

1) Creating a niche car brand for the ASEAN market creates long-term jobs, not only in manufacturing, but in R&D, business management, marketing, finance and trade. Imagine if we put the talent of the Pinoy to work in these fields instead of sending him/her abroad to do lesser jobs?

2) Creating a brand that caters to the needs of Asians means cars that are more suited to local conditions (i.e. more durable shocks, flexifuel cars, etc)

3) Creating our own car brand and later exporting to our neighbors will boost our GNP and improve our balance of trade vis-a-vis other countries = more money being made AND staying in the country... which means we have more money to spend in the local economy, or to use to buy critical goods from abroad.

The possibilities are endless.
    aren't the current car manufacturers located in the phils doing all these already?

1. they offer jobs with the current and latest manufacturing technology.

2. i think toyota's IMV project and vios and all other brands' auv's are catered spcifically for asia/asean markets.

3. ford exports cbu's to asean markets. toyota exports transmissions and other parts to the world.

i agree and i believe these are wonderful possibilities BUT for the LONG TERM and IF the "native" car succeeds in penetrating and getting a substantial share of the market. now how do we achieve this is the challenge. birth pains ika nga. and at what cost?

now wouldn't it be better and more logical to start small and make a more useful machine? like say make the 1st filipino engineered and manufactured farm machine (palay collector, grass cutter, etc). then move on to diesel engines to be used by jeepneys and tractors. then when we finally get the trust of the masses could we move on to the 1st "proudly philippine-made" people's car. from engine to tail light, lahat tatak pinoy. now that would be something

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    again, sino mamumuhunan?

wala po.

ideas are just ideas if u can't get it to materialize
    Ako na lang bro uls kung manalo ako ng superlotto hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Right on. Economic feasibility is the most important factor of any venture... No one believes its feasible as we speak, no matter how the die hard car fanatics would like to have our own local brand. Hey at least we still have our owner-type jeeps, truly Pinoy
    and PUJs, tricycles, and pedicabs.

Ya no one believes it is feasable.

What are the taipans doing with their money?

they are building malls and condos and lifestyle communities.

Producing a pinoy car is not part of their plans.

No capitalist here in the Philippines will finance the mass production of a pinoy car.

There are many better places to put a billion pesos.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Ako na lang bro uls kung manalo ako ng superlotto hehehe
    haha... di mo gagawin yan.

pag hawak mo na ung premyo mo sa superlotto... magdadalawang isip ka

hehehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Actually kung ako ang nanalo ng P250MM na superlotto I would have bought 20 units taxi and placed the rest in the bank, then magpapa hinga na lang sa bahay. hehehe

Naging OT tuloy. . .

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *uls,

Sorry wasn't able to answer your question right away. Was away from my desk.

Actually there are about 30 of us in the group, not all members are tsikoteers. Some were specifically recruited for their expertise and experience in pertinent fields. That is why a lot of discussions are done off-line. But we have been meeting in sub-groups quite regularly.

We don't have a defined leader in the conventional way but have several designated leads in the various line functions.

Also, we are not looking for a capitalist per se to mass-produce the cars. Although at this time we do have the backing of several individuals and entities who can make things happen.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    If you are thinking of the manufacturing process in the conventional way, I would agree it will not be economically feasible. But if you re-read my reply to niky, I have stated there we have re-defined the manufacturing process to do away with established baselines. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to disclose the details at this time.

Also, the objective is not so much as establishing our local brand but empowering the ordinary Pinoy with enabling mobility. The brand is just one of the incidental benefits.

That said, I have to say we are aware our business model is not guaranteed to succeed. But the group is willing to give it a try.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    aren't the current car manufacturers located in the phils doing all these already?

1. they offer jobs with the current and latest manufacturing technology.
    As indicated, the foreign car manufacturers offer jobs. With our project, if and when we get that far, we plan to offer jobs and business opportunities.

2. i think toyota's IMV project and vios and all other brands' auv's are catered spcifically for asia/asean markets.
    Toyota's IMV cars are simply too expensive for the common tao.

3. ford exports cbu's to asean markets. toyota exports transmissions and other parts to the world.

i agree and i believe these are wonderful possibilities BUT for the LONG TERM and IF the "native" car succeeds in penetrating and getting a substantial share of the market. now how do we achieve this is the challenge. birth pains ika nga. and at what cost?

now wouldn't it be better and more logical to start small and make a more useful machine? like say make the 1st filipino engineered and manufactured farm machine (palay collector, grass cutter, etc). then move on to diesel engines to be used by jeepneys and tractors. then when we finally get the trust of the masses could we move on to the 1st "proudly philippine-made" people's car. from engine to tail light, lahat tatak pinoy. now that would be something
    That would be one approach. Actually there are several possible approaches. The approach we have taken is simply the one we felt most comfortable with, given the group's core expertise and resources.

Again, we are not aiming big. After all, when you think about it, there is nothing necessary to re-invent in designing or producing an automobile. Heck, with today's technology and global market, a weekend mechanic with enough skills, means and resources can assemble his/her own custom car. Not that the result is guaranteed to be roadworthy or even aesthetically appealing. But the point is the possibility exists even for the individual.

What we are integrating are design features and manufacturing methods that will hopefully enable us to seed a grass-roots local industry. One that does not seek to compete with the established foreign auto manufacturers but one that merely seeks to address the mobility needs of the ordinary Pinoy unserved by the current available products.

So, please do not try to analyze or view our little project in the framework of big manufacturing concerns because we are not one. Try not to judge our project's economic feasibility within the parameters of big production lines and the requisite market share because we won't have a big production line either and do not need a big market.

Bottom line our little project is just that - a little step. Of course, it does not hurt for us to plan ahead and lay down the foundation for future growth. But for now, please just regard our project as a little project instead of trying to view it out of context.
    Last edited by architect; April 9th, 2008 at 01:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
shouldn't the philippines have its own car brand?