New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi All,
    I live in Thailand and have just bought a J23 4DR6 Mitsubishi Jeep. As these seem common in Phillipines what are the chances of finding any manuals for the Jeep and engine?

Thanks in advance

Peter

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Peter, did you ever find the Mitsubishi jeep manual? I want to buy jeep here in Philippines, but want to assure I can find service manual first. Do they have three-speed transmission? Does yours get the 35mpg / 15kpl that I read about? Jon

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi Jon,

Sorry about delay in responding. Manuals are available from Yokohama Motors (Google it) in Japan but are rather expensive.

The J23 comes with a four speed gearbox but I regret I've not kept a record of fuel consumption.

If you have the Jeep now can you tell me in what switch position the rear blackout red oval light comes on. My lighting electrics are a mess and I can't sort it.

Best regards.

Peter

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by runaway View Post
    Hi All,
    I live in Thailand and have just bought a J23 4DR6 Mitsubishi Jeep. As these seem common in Phillipines what are the chances of finding any manuals for the Jeep and engine?

Thanks in advance

Peter
    Just want to know if the body of your Mitsubishi Jeep the same in the picture .THANKS

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Peter, my wiring was also messed up, so I don't know what Mitsubishi intended. However, I do have a circuit sketch of the switch, but apparently the only images that I can attach must have a URL. I could email you the sketch if it'll help.
    Maybe I can get by without manual, but the part source in Japan might be useful. Parts are hard to get here. You take your broken part to the parts store and they try to find you a replacement. Year, make, and model are not useful.
    I'm in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi jon im eric from gapan i also have a mitsubishi jeep j23A and j25 .im sorry to tell you but your jeep is a commercial j53 jeep .The J23,24,25 are the type 73 jeep of the JGSDG military service .The j23,24,25 jeep has longer body and chassy. about the oval lights at the ,It used to be the secondary stop light .

Mitsubishi Jeep