New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last year ko pa nabasa sa website ng Tata sa India na mage-export sila ng Nano dito sa atin. Some say August, some say October. Napakatipid kasi sa gas, cute ang design, at napakamura (para kang bumili ng MC lang). Its deluxe variant has AC and stereo.

I'm itching to get my hands on it.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I dunno about you, but I am not excited of the prospect of a cheap car as cheap as the Nano to come in here. It will just worsen the traffic once the wage class (who normally commutes) can now afford a car. Or the motorcycle class finally can afford a car and gets a Nano...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I dunno about you, but I am not excited of the prospect of a cheap car as cheap as the Nano to come in here. It will just worsen the traffic once the wage class (who normally commutes) can now afford a car. Or the motorcycle class finally can afford a car and gets a Nano...
    The Tata Nano is aimed for the class who can afford a motorcycle but not a car. Given that, it might just help prevent needless deaths and injuries. Remember each person hurt or killed means less or no income for a family and possible financial penalty on society as well (public hospitalization, etc).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am a selfish bastard so I say NO to the Nano! Lalo lang ako madedelay eh sa traffic... At least mga motor can squeeze around even in traffic so esentially their contribution to traffic is low unlike etong Nano it can occupy a whole lane...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Per my friend, who is from India and who plans to import the Tata Nano, he has been informed by Tata the earliest they can consider exporting to countries like the Philippines will be in 2010. Note that is just to consider.

They currently have difficulty meeting local demands. As for export plans, their priority is to export higher-end, higher margin models to Europe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I am a selfish bastard so I say NO to the Nano! Lalo lang ako madedelay eh sa traffic... At least mga motor can squeeze around even in traffic so esentially their contribution to traffic is low unlike etong Nano it can occupy a whole lane...
    you're right about the term "squeeze" . . . araw-araw nasa news ang mga nai-squeeze na MC rider. ang masakit e may nadadamay pang passenger. pag may Nano na, mas safe ang driver at passenger nito. mapipilitan siyang magmaneho ng matino kasi hindi na siya pwedeng mag-squeeze in between lanes ...

if we really want to ease traffic volume especially here in the Metro, strict regulations should be imposed on 2nd hand import vehicles coming in via Subic and Cagayan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would rather have them in a car than on a motorbike buzzing past my window as they needle their way between cars. At least they have to follow all the traffic rules. On motorbikes, you see them making this and that illegal turns, etc and the cops don't even bother batting an eye to catch them.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would rather have them in a car than on a motorbike buzzing past my window as they needle their way between cars. At least they have to follow all the traffic rules. On motorbikes, you see them making this and that illegal turns, etc and the cops don't even bother batting an eye to catch them.
    I have to agree 100% ghosthunter.

Nowadays its so hard to drive in the metro with all those motorbikes wheezing left and right, positioning right at your blindspot, cutting lanes etc.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the Tata Nano is 200% better than a motorcycle. i think it's also a nice city car - can park literally anywhere due to its tinny size plus i think it's also very fuel efficient. it's a lot better than walking and/or riding in a motorcycle. hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    car population ang nakaka asar naman din. lalo na kung yung tipong naninirahan ka sa mga 2lane na daanan lang or eskinita or ano pa ba? hmm.. basta sa masikip na lugar. tapos sila cause ng traffic. aruy!

lalo na sa umaga, yung tipong rush hour ng mga nagpapasukan. kahit nakakaasar mga bus na di marunong sumunod sa batas. tapos na traffic ka sa highway tapos katabi mo mga nano magkakamuka ahahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
any news about Tata Nano?