New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    something more common like the Sentra and Corolla.
    Sir no offense ment, but have you tried driving an OPEL M/T?!?!

Comparing the ride of Corolla and Sentra is like comparing Apples and oranges.

The stability of the ride
    The feeling of solidness
    The safety
    The german technology (poor man's bmw)
    The thinkness of the steel sheet of the body
    Yung quietness sa loob ng car compared to the Sentra and Corolla of the same generation

I'm a ten year old owner of Astra and there is NO REGRETS whatsoever in my part and in my wifes part.

It's KNOWING where to buy the parts and where to have your car serviced which will make the difference! PM for details on how, where anything under the sun about opel astra. I'll try to answer

cheers!
    p.s. before i agree the parts was expensive but the spare parts prices has gone down.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rev1925 View Post
    i agree with you g26 but recently i have some lights on the dashboard the one with a star and tio the effect fans truned on and aircon compressor fail but after i turn it off several times or even reset by disconnection batterry terminal and when in use the car goes smooth but the next day the same problem goes on. can you refer me a cheap but decent mechanic/shop for this problem please thanks
    cooling module definitely. go to Olympia Auto Supply. may mechanics din sila doon.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_mags2 View Post
    Sir no offense ment, but have you tried driving an OPEL M/T?!?!

Comparing the ride of Corolla and Sentra is like comparing Apples and oranges.

The stability of the ride
    The feeling of solidness
    The safety
    The german technology (poor man's bmw)
    The thinkness of the steel sheet of the body
    Yung quietness sa loob ng car compared to the Sentra and Corolla of the same generation

I'm a ten year old owner of Astra and there is NO REGRETS whatsoever in my part and in my wifes part.

It's KNOWING where to buy the parts and where to have your car serviced which will make the difference! PM for details on how, where anything under the sun about opel astra. I'll try to answer

cheers!
    p.s. before i agree the parts was expensive but the spare parts prices has gone down.
    I agree with you sir. Pinsan ko naka-Astra 2002 model (the last batch that has arrived here), very solid pa rin yun kumupas na nga lang ang body color but aside from that, it is a much solid car compared to a Corolla or a Sentra. and yup, poor man's BMW nga ang Opel hahaha (heard this with my friend na naka-Astra din). I know Opel owners because yung pinapagawaan ko ng Zuki ko gumagawa rin ng Opel and Isuzu hehe (Olympia).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    I agree with you sir. Pinsan ko naka-Astra 2002 model (the last batch that has arrived here), very solid pa rin yun kumupas na nga lang ang body color but aside from that, it is a much solid car compared to a Corolla or a Sentra. and yup, poor man's BMW nga ang Opel hahaha (heard this with my friend na naka-Astra din). I know Opel owners because yung pinapagawaan ko ng Zuki ko gumagawa rin ng Opel and Isuzu hehe (Olympia).

Thanks for the feedback! The last model na maramihan was 2002 but there were few 2003 and even fewer 2004 na models pero way back 2003 the GM dealer were no longer actively promoting it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i agree with you g26 but recently i have some lights on the dashboard the one with a star and tio the effect fans truned on and aircon compressor fail but after i turn it off several times or even reset by disconnection batterry terminal and when in use the car goes smooth but the next day the same problem goes on. can you refer me a cheap but decent mechanic/shop for this problem please thanks
    thanks alot gwapito for the info about that star in a box light on nthe dashboard

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    cooling module definitely. go to Olympia Auto Supply. may mechanics din sila doon.
    san ung olympia auto supply may number ka ba doon? and thanks for the feedback

and by the way nakuha ko na pala number ng olympia may libre daw pa scan si jonathan para sa opel but till this month only hehehe i may drop by tomorrow at his store in araneta thanks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    san ung olympia auto supply may number ka ba doon? and thanks for the feedback
    contact the owner: Jonathan: 09228959797

im a vitara owner and i always go to olympia and jonathan and their mechanics for my vit tell them marvin referred you to them.
    olympia is in araneta avenue, opposite ng shell gas station.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    the opel brand is german but the astra is not. most cheap plastic parts share with other GM units and are made from korea. But for it's current price in my opinion is a good buy. 200k for an early 2000 model astra wagon is better than getting a mid-90's corolla. Stay away from the vectra and omega. Astra is safe. There should not be a big problem as long as it's well-taken cared off. Engine power naman is subjective. Much better than powering your car with LPG. That's my opinion ha ghost hunter.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi, all. I'm a new Astra owner(about 1mo)and it's the 1st car I bought myself. The car has some issues.

I also did some research and found you can get general error codes by doing a paperclip test or the pedal method and counting the 'blinks and pauses"-parang morse code.
    I got:
    P1700-transmission control unit-request MIL illumination
    P0230-fuel pump primary circuit malfunction
    P2106-no communications with engine control module
    P0700-transmission control system malfunction

Nagpunta din ako to Motorex(banawe) tapos ito lumabas:
    P0230 - Fuel Pump secondary circuit open
    P0720 - Output Sensor Circuit Malfunction

A second scan at JSE showed
    P0230 - Fuel Pump secondary circuit open
    P0700 - Transmission Control System
    P0720 - Output Sensor Circuit Malfunction
    P0753 - Shift solenoid A(1-2/3-4)circuit open (around Php3200)
    P0716 - Turbine Wheel Speed Circuit malfunction.

The PC program(autodata cd2) they used at JSE also showed probable causes-wiring for all the fault codes. I looked up the program on the net and its around GBP550. Expensive.

The items in RED are the common faults and its mostly wiring. Does anyone know where I can have this done properly following the wiring diagram?

At least now I know that it's really not A/T problem.

Sa may Q.C. ako. may ma recommend ba kayo maayos gumawa ng wiring na sumusunod sa wiring diagram for the Astra?

Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    benta ko opel astra red wagon 2002 running condition 0922858XXXX P250k may bibili kaya?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 3rd, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast