New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my sis in law is in the US right now and wants to apply for a job. she went to an agency and was told that application for working visa only starts on Oct. 1. e upto september 22 lang ang legal stay nya sa US.

questions:
    1. talaga bang oct. 1 pa pwede mag apply ng working visa? hindi ba sila nagaaccept ng application before that date?
    2. pwede ba syang magpa extend ng stay sa US? 3 months ang binigay sa kanya which will end on Sept 22.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - -
    Signature

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    as far as i know .. you can't apply for a working visa in the US .. a US company can sponsor your visa application .. but you still have to return to the philippines and get the visa here .. you can't apply for a working visa outright without a sponsoring company ..
    Last edited by mrpink; July 7th, 2005 at 04:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    A friend was in US last year as a tourist. While she was there, she tried to look for a job as a Caregiver or whatever available. What she had were part-time babysitting jobs from friends and relatives until she exhausted her 3-month stay there. She was not able to get a real job nor working visa. Nonetheless, she was able to recover her expenses for her tickets and had some money when she came back here.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The first way is to find an employer who is willing to sponsor and apply for a work visa on behalf of the applicant. Oct 1 is the start of filing of applications. A lawyer does this. The application is reviewed by the USCIS, and if approved, will notify the embassy where the applicant will go to have the visa stamped, as well as the employer. There is a limit on the number of visas to be granted, set by the US gov't and varies usually year to year.

The second way is to go there as a tourist, find a Filipino employer who is willing to take the risk of employing a tourist, and hire a lawyer to process the work visa for a fee. Sometimes the tourist will really need to come back to the embassy for the interview and stamping. I would of course advise against this.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; July 7th, 2005 at 05:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so talagang Oct. 1 ang start ng filing ng application for working visas. hindi talaga aabot sis-in-law ko sa date na yun. pwede bang magpa extend ng tourist visa?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    so talagang Oct. 1 ang start ng filing ng application for working visas. hindi talaga aabot sis-in-law ko sa date na yun. pwede bang magpa extend ng tourist visa?
    .. dati ata pwede .. nalala ko my mom stayed there for a year ata .. pero this was pre-9/11 .. after 9/11 .. na-kwe-kwestyon na yung mga extension ..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Kung plano nya mag pa extend ng stay she has to file it right away, it takes about 2 months to process the extension. I would suggest to get a lawyer to do this.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mine was submitted on Sept 24, but the USCIS will start reviewing the apps on Oct 1.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to Atty. Gurfinkle, slim chance ang extended visa. Atty. Gurfinkle also said "A tourist was given a 90-day, isnt that enough to see the United States?" If she overstays, she'll be in a blacklist. A day of overstaying is an OVERSTAY.

Boybi, is your sis in law is a qualified Nurse, then she has a much bigger chance.

edit:
    She might wanna talk to Atty. Gurfinkle. It cost a lot, but he'll tell you right away if you have any chance.

http://www.gurfinkel.com/index.html
    Last edited by Karding; July 9th, 2005 at 01:17 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
applying for US working visa