New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yep this is the harsh reality we pinoys must face. See I use to stay in Cali U.S. before, back there it's a whole new different story, very sporty and dynamic image ng nissan dun over Honda and Toyota. I also learned there that in Japan it also has the same situation, actually it's going up against Toyota for the no.1 spot (thanks to the JDM scene that American try to immitate that I learned this )
    Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    They are good cars.

The main problem as of now is how they design their cars. Just look at the Sentra, its too bland and when you put body kits sobra baduy (ricey) tignan ng kotse because of how the way it is designed.

Just look at how Mazda designs their cars nowadays, muscular low stance that it seems like its ready to pounce. Dapat yan ang gayahin nila!
    Back in U.S yung naabutan ko was the Sentra B15, a tuner favorite..have you seen it? the Se-R model of it only has the Civic Si as it's rival. we don't have it here unfortunately. N16 na dito. But I beg to disagree w/ you that baduy na sya when you put kits on it, actually yung kits kasi na galing sa local nissan natin ang hindi bumagay sa N16 body (just ask A-toy).

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Mababa naman talaga resale value ng Nissan cars. Yung Civic nga na 1997 atsaka Cefiro na 1997 halos pantay na presyo yung isa compact car yung isa mid size car now that pretty much says to us the terrible resale value of Nissans....
    Local resale value of nissan cars are not all affected, other nissan cars are fairly tagged in the resale value segment. But ofcourse the most visible suffers- the Sentra. Underrated sila here together w/ the Mazda 323 and Lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Nissan's making quite a comeback everywhere else...the GT-R and Maxima are new and very aggressive looking. C'mon Nissan we're tired of Civics and Corollas!
    Yeah, your right about that actually they've been doing that a lot even before worlwide, when they launched the first GT-R in early days and dominated and.. dominate... the all new Z became the best selling sportscar in the States, Silvias the mother of rear wheel imports w/c is a time attack and drift car, G35s, Altimas, Maximas, and Sentra SE-Rs... w/c halos lahat we dont have here. Just wanna come back to Cali just thinking about it.

Lastly, wanted to agree w/ those guys who said it will just take a matter time before we begin to realize the true automotive situation in other countries. We are the ones to be blamed here anyways, kasi nga sabi ni Mang Totoy sa kanto Nissan daw ganito ganyan...
    Its like this globally-- Big 3 Ams- GM, Ford, Chrysler. Big 3 Jap- Toyota, Nissan, Honda. Big 3 Euro- Volkswagen, Daimler AG, Renault

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Yep this is the harsh reality we pinoys must face. See I use to stay in Cali U.S. before, back there it's a whole new different story,
    Lastly, wanted to agree w/ those guys who said it will just take a matter time before we begin to realize the true automotive situation in other countries. We are the ones to be blamed here anyways, kasi nga sabi ni Mang Totoy sa kanto Nissan daw ganito ganyan...
    Tama ka dyan. Malakas and influence ni Mang Totoy sa kanto talaga. Pinoy talaga mahilig sa hearsay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I hope that Nissan peeps would read this.

Just release the damn demons that we need.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think Nissan and Mitsubishi are focusing more on the rugged market - pickups, vans, SUV, even to buses, commercial trucks, etc more than they are with cars. My personal take on this is they release cars there, slap on a bit of chrome, advertise it a bit, that's it. I don't know but everytime I think of Nissan back there it's shady and dull. Here in the US like others have said Nissan is healthy and active in lots of areas.

I think Nissan went the way Peugot did in the US. I believe there was a start of Peugot dealerships here that did not make it well due to lack of manufacture/corporate support. At least that's what I heard about Peugot over here. Compare Peugot over there, they're much better off dealing over there than they are here.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What ever you say about nissan, i will stand firm that nissan is a reliable one. sabi nila mahal ang pyesa but if you campare genuine parts of toyota and nissan, halos pareho lang sila and some parts are even cheaper. bihira nga lang ang imitation na pyesa ng nissan unlike the toyota, mitsu and the others na daming replacement parts na mura pero madali naman masira.

overall, advantage sa mga common tao who cannot afford brand new vehicles (like me) ang resale value ng nissan. its like " mura na, matibay, and reliable pa". after all, di hamak na mas madami kaming bumibili ng second hand vehicles. sana mas marami pang ilabas ang nissan na magagandang vehicles para mas maraming mabili mga common tao after five years of used nong mga may kaya.

so the bottomline is ..... " MABUHAY ANG NISSAN SA PILIPINAS" .........

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Our first Nissan was a Pathfinder 4x4.....then a Terrano 4x4.....then a Frontier 4x4........then an Urvan Estate......then an Xtrail 4x2

With all of that....were happy with the way those vehicles performed for us....matibay sila......never did we have any problems with the engine or the suspesion and the airconditioning.....we used most of them for seven years....Urvan and Xtrail na lang ang natitira....

Our next purchase might be a new Patrol or the Teana.....ganda ng teana!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Here in the US like others have said Nissan is healthy and active in lots of areas.
    That plus it has it's upscale Infiniti division. Here in the US, Nissan is all about sporty image and performance which conflicts with fuel economy. The most popular Nissans I've seen here in our area are the Altimas, Maximas, Muranos, 350z along with the Nissan trucks/SUV's.

The Altima midsize, especially. Here, the midsize category is a very tough and competitive market unlike in the Philippines where compacts are preferred. I think the compact and ultra-compact category is Nissan's weak spot overseas. In Japan, Nissan compacts like the Cube I rented are quite popular.

The Cube's not much to look at. But, it's quite versatile. It has AWD, a peppy little engine, and a pleasant female Japanese voice as soon as I opened the door :

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 10th, 2008 at 05:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Basta ako bumili ng 89 Maxima...at masaya naman ako sa nakuha ko...un lang

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
What's wrong with NISSAN?