New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sirain hindi naman. As for parts more or less lang sila ng Honda. But I think its all about reputation. Read the post above for some of the reasons why Nissanm's reputation was damaged.... In contrast on the other side of the resale value chain, Honda, has pretty much good reputation and very popular among yuppies and racers as well as ricers Their pa-elite effect of not allowing their cars to be used as taxis also help to solidify its image and thus the resale value....

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    One of the problems that plagued the Sentra B13 series was its suspension due to a bad supplier of shocks that were too soft and often got replaced very early on in its life.

Other than that I find it to be a very very good car.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; March 10th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Mababa naman talaga resale value ng Nissan cars. Yung Civic nga na 1997 atsaka Cefiro na 1997 halos pantay na presyo yung isa compact car yung isa mid size car now that pretty much says to us the terrible resale value of Nissans....
    Well... same goes with the resale of a '96-'97 Accord... it is lower then the resale value of a Civic of the same year.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hmm.. pansin ko din yun. What's up with these mid-size sedans??

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Baket yung Cefiro sobrang baba Resale Value... Diba Bnew nung 1997 almost or more than 1M...
    It's true... almost all midsize cars have poor resale value compared to compacts. It's due to a number of things.

1. Parts: parts for midsizers cost more and are harder to get. You can't get CV Joints, for example, for midsizers at anywhere near the low-a$$ prices you can get Sentra or Corolla CV Joints for.

2. Fuel Economy: People will pay big bucks for economical cars. That's why resale values of the Picanto are actually decent. For big midsizers with thirstier 2.0 - 2.5 liter engines and heavy bodies (which take a huge toll on economy... in fact, the body size affects economy more than the engine size!), fuel economy is crappy compared to compact cars.

3. Market placement and Demand: Simply put, people who can afford to maintain Cefiros will often prefer to buy one brand new... "prestige". Practical people looking for a cheap car will often go for compacts or subcompacts (note that the old Honda City has a resale value EQUAL to the old Honda Civic... despite it being a tinny, basic little car).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I have limited experience with nissan. I was issued a sentra Fe and clocked around 60,000kms++ in it and gusto ko sya and never had a problem. During this time i was switching between a honda civic lxi and a sentra fe. comparable naman performance.

Will i buy a nissan?

Yes. Laalo na kung Mura lang.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^i just saw in the papers today that the nissan people are selling their entry level sentras at 535k
    Last edited by baludoy; March 13th, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Baka naman newer model yun. Mga 2007 Nissan Sentra GX mga ganun ang price more or less.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's true... almost all midsize cars have poor resale value compared to compacts. It's due to a number of things.

1. Parts: parts for midsizers cost more and are harder to get. You can't get CV Joints, for example, for midsizers at anywhere near the low-a$$ prices you can get Sentra or Corolla CV Joints for.

2. Fuel Economy: People will pay big bucks for economical cars. That's why resale values of the Picanto are actually decent. For big midsizers with thirstier 2.0 - 2.5 liter engines and heavy bodies (which take a huge toll on economy... in fact, the body size affects economy more than the engine size!), fuel economy is crappy compared to compact cars.

3. Market placement and Demand: Simply put, people who can afford to maintain Cefiros will often prefer to buy one brand new... "prestige". Practical people looking for a cheap car will often go for compacts or subcompacts (note that the old Honda City has a resale value EQUAL to the old Honda Civic... despite it being a tinny, basic little car).
    Well said Boss Niky.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Baka naman newer model yun. Mga 2007 Nissan Sentra GX mga ganun ang price more or less.
    i just rechecked the papers, sa GX m/t trim nga nila. so normal pala iyong price na iyon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
What's wrong with NISSAN?