New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    If there is something that Nissan should do, it is to bring a good line up here in the Philippines. Filipinos loves comparing cars, the more options the better ika nga. Maganda naman sana ang line up ng Nissan at lahat ng Nissan na nasakyan ko from when I was a child to date, sobrang lakas ng aircon. :D Sana lang nakakarating dito yung ganda ng mga auto nila :D

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Here's my 6 word brand impression of Nissan:

Strong aircon & low resale value

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    To me, what 'destroyed' the Nissan name was a slew of defects I had with our Sentra ECCS (early 90's), despite taking real good care of it:

From what I remembered:
    1. Suspension started to bang and klang in less than 2 years
    2. Window mechanisms began to literally fall apart in under 3 years
    3. Replaced the A/C blower resistor twice in the 8 years the car was with us
    4. Replaced the alternator on the 4th year
    5. Towards the end of the 5th year, the engine developed a "rev-hang" problem in that, the RPM would rest on high-idle (1,200-1,500 RPM) even if your foot is off the gas. To get it back to normal idle, you have to flick the throttle a couple of times to free it up (later discovered that the TPS needed to be replaced)

I'd also mention that my uncles bought a couple of box-type Sentras and a Maxima. I liked the Maxima, if not for the fact that it guzzled gas. But that was forgiveable as it did had a 2-liter engine. But the Sentras.... well, the term they're usually synonymous to is "Kalampagin". I think this is the same problem with the Stanzas and Sunnys (same platform). The build quality of these cars, IMO, had a lot to do about how the Nissan brand was perceived by the public. Everyone knows that a used Nissan car has a problem somehow, somewhere, and buying it would be opening a can of worms. Hence, the low resale.

In contrast, my car now is approaching 6 years and the only problem I've had with it that's worth mentioning is the engine support. It may not be fair to compare a 90's car to a modern one, but nevertheless, it's enough reason for me to never again get a Nissan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    To me, what 'destroyed' the Nissan name was a slew of defects I had with our Sentra ECCS (early 90's), despite taking real good care of it:

From what I remembered:
    1. Suspension started to bang and klang in less than 2 years
    2. Window mechanisms began to literally fall apart in under 3 years
    3. Replaced the A/C blower resistor twice in the 8 years the car was with us
    4. Replaced the alternator on the 4th year
    5. Towards the end of the 5th year, the engine developed a "rev-hang" problem in that, the RPM would rest on high-idle (1,200-1,500 RPM) even if your foot is off the gas. To get it back to normal idle, you have to flick the throttle a couple of times to free it up (later discovered that the TPS needed to be replaced)

I'd also mention that my uncles bought a couple of box-type Sentras and a Maxima. I liked the Maxima, if not for the fact that it guzzled gas. But that was forgiveable as it did had a 2-liter engine. But the Sentras.... well, the term they're usually synonymous to is "Kalampagin". I think this is the same problem with the Stanzas and Sunnys (same platform). The build quality of these cars, IMO, had a lot to do about how the Nissan brand was perceived by the public. Everyone knows that a used Nissan car has a problem somehow, somewhere, and buying it would be opening a can of worms. Hence, the low resale.

In contrast, my car now is approaching 6 years and the only problem I've had with it that's worth mentioning is the engine support. It may not be fair to compare a 90's car to a modern one, but nevertheless, it's enough reason for me to never again get a Nissan.
    To each his own. I love Nissans obviously. My personal car ownership started with a 97 pre-owned Sentra acquired in 2003. I can say, that it was a problem free car. Almost. Except that the shocks busted after a couple months of use. But that's the OEM fitted in a 6yr old car, I say, not bad still. That car never gave me any serious problem. It required more alignment though, as I felt that the independent front suspension takes a lot of beating as the rear suspension was super rigid. Other than that, none. I also have 2 B13 ECCS experience. A matic and manual unit, I felt the B14 was sturdier but the B13 was more fun to drive and wasn't that much pain in the ass. Parts are dirt cheap too. Corolla-cheap. That's why I really don't believe that Nissan parts are more expensive than Toyotas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    outdated look and very low resale value.....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The prices of the new Nissan models are high and there is not enough marketing done to introduce your new models to the market

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    do nissan pickups fare better?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    do nissan pickups fare better?
    The nissan pathfinder has low power in real life situation compared to its rivals but at least it was durable imho. I still see some in good conditions eh. The nissan frontier 3.2 is kinda okay but for a big engine like that, lethargic din. Hilux, Fuego at Strada talaga ang astig during those times. Sabagay kaht naman ngayon astig pa din hilux.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I forgot the GT-R. If the growing Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo market here isn't giving NMPI a hint. There is a market for Godzilla here. :D
    How about the AUV segment,no model against the crosswind,adventure,innova?this I think caters to a big portion of new car buyers.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We were a Nissan fanatic family but with their current offerings we've been forced to look elsewhere. Apart from the anemic lineup there's also overpriced service and parts, lethargic customer service and lack of product knowledge added to the list of disappointments. Not saying everyone working at dealerships are like this but most of the junior staff seem to be far from the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What are your comments about how the Nissan brand is being managed in the Philippines