New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Best before you swap have your car diagnosed by NMPi they are the best people to know, wag mo isipin na mahal sa casa because 1 shot lang huli nila problem thus nakatipid ka compared sa hula hula ng road side mechanic.

in 15 mins huli nila problem mo because they are using this computer " consult version 1 or 2 "

I was once a none beliver sa casa kasi mahal... but now i learned mas mura kung alam mo kaagad yung problem then have it fixed. kay sa maghula hula sa road side mechanic at your expense.

and i don't really belive in engine swap, lalo na sa engine na walang katudal ng local version. hello walang tech suport yan sa NMPI .

We had a corolla swap engine from 2e to 4age hirap mag hanap ng sensors nun.(MAF, timing belt, etc..) in the end we just sold the car because it's un reliable na.

think about it...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A lot of problems you encounter wont be detected by Consult (whichever version you use). But you're right. It's cheaper in terms of overall cost if I already knew the problem and possibly the solution. Either I fix it DIY or have my friendly mechanic do it for me.

Dumaan na ako sa casa (Mantrade, and Commonwealth-now closed I think). Hindi na ako bumalik. ;)

I got a Corolla 98 model (lovelife) last year with a 4AGE Blacktop engine installed. I never encountered any problems and parts isn't an issue. Madami yan sa Ichiban Banawe, at suking surplus shops.

Oh and by the way, I might do an engine transplant to a JDM SR20DE on Sentra Series 3 next month. I drove one before and lovin' it. ;)

*agentk98: Ang alam ko medyo mabigat ang body ng Exalta. Kaya mas maganda kung SR engine na ang isasalpak, in terms of power-to-weight ratio. Very important sa engine transplant ay dapat very reliable at magaling talaga ang mekaniko na gagawa. At dapat "sariwa" ang makukuha mong engine.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Repairing my submerged Nissan Exalta STA