New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o_tomkat_o0o View Post
    hindi rin po siya power steering. pero pwede po ba sya i-convert into power steering and power windows?
    pwede but the question is if it is worth spending the money for such upgrades as compared to getting a newer model sentra? The Nissan Sentra 1.3L LEC-PS should be relatively cheap and comes with power steering. Replacement parts are more available too.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have the same opinion. The B12 Sentra is not worth the money to restore. You would easily spend more than the value of the car in repairs and spare parts and not even get close to the "new" condition.

It would be easier to restore the B13 Sentra since you can still get parts brand new since its still in production in Mexico.
    how would i know if the sentra is b12 or b13? any etching on the engine? under the hood? *sorry po newbie*

salamat!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    SLX is a 1.4L.
    LX is 1.3L
    ^both of this model dont have right side mirror. prefacelifted B12 dont have the SLX variant.

pre facelifted SGX is 1.5L top of the line at that time, the one with extended bumpers. and looks like a baby auster/maxima.
    facelifted SGX is a 1.6L

on facelifted B12. 1.3LX, 1.4SLX and 1.6SGX is like the B13's LEC, EX saloon and Super Saloon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi bro!

try to visit nissanbayan.com. there are a lot of b12 owners there that can really help you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macychic View Post
    how would i know if the sentra is b12 or b13? any etching on the engine? under the hood? *sorry po newbie*

salamat!!!

B12 and B13 are chassis codes.

if your car is similar to the car in the picture, it's the B12 Sentra. You can also check on the metal plate attached to the chassis' firewall.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    hi bro!

try to visit nissanbayan.com. there are a lot of b12 owners there that can really help you.
    thanks bro.. i'll try searching in that site for guides in addition to tsikot.com..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Well I personally know that it's not very hard to keep a Sentra B12 model going strong. Drove a B12 GA16S 1.6SGX model from 2000 to 2005. We had the car since 1991 and were the original owners. I started driving it in College. I worked on the car on my own after learning how to from our friend mechanic and from technical books I bought and read from our engineering library. Engine was never overhauled - only replaced the crankshaft o-ring once. Transmission never needed reparing except for the clutch pad replacement after every 2 yeara. Headlights only needed replacing after I damaged them once :P All electricals and mechanicals worked fine and kept on working fine while I was driving and maintaining the car.

Suspension - easily fixed if you know how. I used to change the lower control arms on my own
    Ball joints and tie-rods - all easily replaced as long as you know where to get the parts - which are also easy to find
    CV joints and Boots are also easy to find and replace
    Suspension bushings are really easy to find and replace
    Shocks are easy to find - look for KYB gas shocks. Wont leak for years!
    Brake pads and rotors are easy to find and replace and so are the boots for the brake piston calipers.
    Headlights and turn signals are a lot cheaper now since not so many people are buying these. Also easy to replace if you know how.
    Door busings are easy to replace too.
    Clutch pads, radiator, radiator fans and a lot of other parts that normally needs placing for an older car are interchangeable with the B13 - so I dont know why people find it hard to find parts for the B12. Go to a shop that sells B13 parts and you're bound to find the parts your looking for your B12.

http://www.nissanforumsph.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    By the way the aircon compressor was never replaced! Since day one from 1992 till 2005 when it was sold, it never had a problem. It was still colder than a brand new Civic or Toyota's aircon and could easily frost up the windows at night :P I could drive around the hottest part of the day with only number 1 selected sa aircon - and without tint pa nun ha! When I finally got it tinted during my first job, I would manually switch the compressor on and off coz it got colder!

Tells ya something about the durability and cooling power of the Nissan aircon! Never leave home without one on a hot day hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan96 View Post
    Well I personally know that it's not very hard to keep a Sentra B12 model going strong. Drove a B12 GA16S 1.6SGX model from 2000 to 2005. We had the car since 1991 and were the original owners. I started driving it in College. I worked on the car on my own after learning how to from our friend mechanic and from technical books I bought and read from our engineering library. Engine was never overhauled - only replaced the crankshaft o-ring once. Transmission never needed reparing except for the clutch pad replacement after every 2 yeara. Headlights only needed replacing after I damaged them once :P All electricals and mechanicals worked fine and kept on working fine while I was driving and maintaining the car.

Suspension - easily fixed if you know how. I used to change the lower control arms on my own
    Ball joints and tie-rods - all easily replaced as long as you know where to get the parts - which are also easy to find
    CV joints and Boots are also easy to find and replace
    Suspension bushings are really easy to find and replace
    Shocks are easy to find - look for KYB gas shocks. Wont leak for years!
    Brake pads and rotors are easy to find and replace and so are the boots for the brake piston calipers.
    Headlights and turn signals are a lot cheaper now since not so many people are buying these. Also easy to replace if you know how.
    Door busings are easy to replace too.
    Clutch pads, radiator, radiator fans and a lot of other parts that normally needs placing for an older car are interchangeable with the B13 - so I dont know why people find it hard to find parts for the B12. Go to a shop that sells B13 parts and you're bound to find the parts your looking for your B12.

http://www.nissanforumsph.com
    these give me a bit of hope for restoring my car..
    thanks for sharing Masterplan96..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan96 View Post
    By the way the aircon compressor was never replaced! Since day one from 1992 till 2005 when it was sold, it never had a problem. It was still colder than a brand new Civic or Toyota's aircon and could easily frost up the windows at night :P I could drive around the hottest part of the day with only number 1 selected sa aircon - and without tint pa nun ha! When I finally got it tinted during my first job, I would manually switch the compressor on and off coz it got colder!

Tells ya something about the durability and cooling power of the Nissan aircon! Never leave home without one on a hot day hehehehe
    my mechanic told me that he already fixed the aircon (cleaned and added dreon). but it's still not effective during daytimes especially during afternoons..i'm thinking maybe it's the weather nowadys as compared before....and may car's not yet tinted...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Nissan Sentra SLX '89 Restoration