New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi. I'm a new nissan owner ('89). Just want to ask for your help in restoration of my car. First is the headlight. It's the stock headlight and it's really blurred now. I want to change it with a new and brighter one because i'm having a hard time during nights of driving. Can anyone suggest a cheap but has a better visibility bulbs during nights and rainy days (or do i have to change to the whole headlights?). And also, all the gauges in my dash are not working including the tacho., heat, fuel, everything. can i fix it myself or does it have to be done by a mechanic?..can you guys also suggest a surplus or autoshop in marikina where i can buy parts for my car?...most of the shops i've been to here in marikina doesn't sell parts for my car anymore..and i haven't seen any surplus shops here too..

Please help me restore my car. (this is my first car after giving up my motorbike a few months ago..

thank you to anyone who will help..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    had that car before, diesel version 1.7 dx. mahina talaga headlights since the reflector after a few year parang lumalabo sya sa init ng bulb.
    for me that car is not worth restoring sakit sa ulo suspension. alam ko yung 90 version nyan mas ok na. pero konti talga nagbebenta ng surplus parts nyan kahit sa banawe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have the same opinion. The B12 Sentra is not worth the money to restore. You would easily spend more than the value of the car in repairs and spare parts and not even get close to the "new" condition.

It would be easier to restore the B13 Sentra since you can still get parts brand new since its still in production in Mexico.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    What is the SLX?

Our '89 Sentra was a 1.6 SGX M/T. First locally sold japanese compact sedan to have power everything (window, locks, steering, side mirror) at that time.

The diesel version came out right after this body was phased out to make way for the new body in 1991 or 1992.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thank you mga sir for your inputs. i may not be able to restore it but the least i can do is make it more usable and reliable as my everday transpo to work. Pinalitan na ang makina nya ng E15 (i don't know what that is, ang sabi sa kin eh pang-matic daw yun)..so wala na raw akong poproblemahin sa makina. so kahit papano e hindi na ako mamomroblema sa makina kahit luma na ang sasakyan..

if there's any insights you can still give to me, i would gladly accept them..
    sayang eh. saka first car ko to...so i might as well give it a try..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    What is the SLX?

Our '89 Sentra was a 1.6 SGX M/T. First locally sold japanese compact sedan to have power everything (window, locks, steering, side mirror) at that time.

The diesel version came out right after this body was phased out to make way for the new body in 1991 or 1992.
    SLX po kasi ang nakasulat sa likod nung kotse sa may trunk..hindi ko nga rin po alam ang difference ng SLX sa ibang model ng nissan..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o_tomkat_o0o View Post
    SLX po kasi ang nakasulat sa likod nung kotse sa may trunk..hindi ko nga rin po alam ang difference ng SLX sa ibang model ng nissan..
    SLX is the 1.5L Sentra B12 chassis. Manual adjust side mirrors, no power door locks, not sure about if it had power steering.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sentra box-type b12 first came here in 1988 variants were:
    1. sgx 1.5 all power
    2. slx 1.3 bare unit
    3 dx 1.7 diesel.. bare din... this is what my dad bought... sakit sa ulo pero it taught me so many things about car troubleshooting and DIY. and how to deal with auto shops and mechanics.

88-89 1st model sentra b12

90-91??? 2nd b12

the california came out in 89 but also had the face lift
    Last edited by impulzz; September 20th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    meron naman po akong pinagkakatiwalaang mekaniko na nagsa-suggest sa kin kung anong pyesa ang ipapalit at kung saan nakakakuha ng mga yun..pero gusto ko rin sanang matutunan ang pag-aayos on my own kung kaya naman kesa lagi kong dinadalasa kanya even with small problems lang and fixes. kaya lagi ako nagbabasa ng mga forums dito to learn more..but so far wala pa ako nakikitang posting na tinatacle ang mga processes steps in installing stuffs and parts lalo na yung pareho sa car ko.puro kasi for new models ng nissan ang naka-post. so hindi ko alam kung pwede gawin ang mga yun sa kotse ko..mahirap ding maghanap online for fixes and installations na specific sa slx na model...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    SLX is the 1.5L Sentra B12 chassis. Manual adjust side mirrors, no power door locks, not sure about if it had power steering.
    hindi rin po siya power steering. pero pwede po ba sya i-convert into power steering and power windows?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Nissan Sentra SLX '89 Restoration