New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Reminds me of my father's story in the 80's when an Australian expat he was working with got curious at seeing one of the company's production foremen (who also happened to run a small talyer) drive to work one day in a shiny, restored 70's-era Mercedes.

His curiosity quickly turned into dejection after learning that it was powered by an Isuzu C-240 diesel engine, to which he quipped, "Might as well have it pulled by a horse!"

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    or maybe beacause its Hollywood and the fast and the furious, no matter how good something is, they have to add riceness into it. don't get me wrong, the parts aren't what im refering to as rice here, but the hybrid. hehe.
    Mustang chassis+Skyline engine=Rice

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho, such a car can only exist because of a movie. hardliners on both sides would definitely consider this taboo.

then again, kung ibibigay man sa akin to e hindi ako tatanggi. i really don't care too much about genres. manigas kayo diyan, basta me kotse ako :D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    here's another excerpt from the same article:

Domestic guys are pissed because this very clean and very classic 'Stang has been outfitted with a treasure trove of Japanese tuning parts. We're not just talking about a GReddy sticker here or an ARC intercooler there, we're talking about the fact that the people at Universal (the movie company behind the film) yanked out the pony car's beloved American powerplant and shoehorned a Japanese engine under the hood.

Import guys are pissed because the Japanese engine in question is the RB26DETT, also known as the engine found in the holy grail of all Japanese performance cars, the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Import guys feel that this engine is the pinnacle of uber high-tech Japanese engineering, and to throw it in a 40-year-old ill-handling relic is nothing short of sacrilege.

so you see, both sides think it's a sacrilege.

i must admit, if i see that car pass by, expecting the V8 rumble and instead hear a screaming RB26, it would be weird.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    imho, such a car can only exist because of a movie. hardliners on both sides would definitely consider this taboo.

then again, kung ibibigay man sa akin to e hindi ako tatanggi. i really don't care too much about genres. manigas kayo diyan, basta me kotse ako :D
    Heheheee... Ok na sa akin kung yung kaha lang ng stang bigay nila sa akin kanila na ang makina at gulong.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    Reverse situation... a Ford 302 V8 powered (Nissan) Datsun 240Z...

BASTARDIZED Z car?

YES, still a BASTARD

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ugh... that's just not right... I will not be watching this movie...

there are available Ford crate engines... small-blocks will go over 400+hp while big-blocks can go over 600hp+. what 320-330hp RB26DETT? :lol:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I have a 67 and a 68 Fastback for sale.

Baka gusto nyo gayahin yan or ELEANOR, madali lang!!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It's hotrodding, done Japanese style.

But...

It's just a movie. Please don't take it seriously.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 66bunny
    It's hotrodding, done Japanese style.

But...

It's just a movie. Please don't take it seriously.
    True, hotrodding Japanese style... meaning it was also light weight, like most Japanese drift cars.

The RB-powered 'stang was really more of a showcar, since it wasn't abused in the movie.
    The Mustang that was driven hard in the action scenes had a V8 and the comparison test runs done by Hot Rod magazine also show that the RB turbo 'stang was quicker than the V8 Mustang.
    Last edited by AG4; June 7th, 2006 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan RB-Powered '67 Mustang(Tokyo Drift)