New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Okay. You're in SoCal, I thought you were in the Philippines. I'll try to find some pics with the things you asked for on some of the other Nissan sites.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    dennis powell: Your welcome...Anytime if you need some help..i glad to share wha i know to anyone..and thanks redorange you help me alot..thanks a million times..hehehehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    More pics from GONE 2007.

The Xterra project truck of Nissan with the Titan 5.6L V8.

No winch! Spider Truck.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Okay. You're in SoCal, I thought you were in the Philippines. I'll try to find some pics with the things you asked for on some of the other Nissan sites.
    redorange/zhak: i finally found a lot pics of s/b lifted frontier at the links you gave (4x4 parts.com)grabe talaga sobrang dami and i decided to lift the body first and suspension later but no idea if there is b/l kits here that fit in phils. frontier,and di ba pag nag upgrade ka ng tire,dapat iupgrade mo rin yung differential/gear ratio to compensate the gas milage? pero di ko alam kung ilan dapat,and what else to do. just need you advice and thanks a lot.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i mean same as stock gas mileage.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    redorange/zhak: i finally found a lot pics of s/b lifted frontier at the links you gave (4x4 parts.com)grabe talaga sobrang dami and i decided to lift the body first and suspension later but no idea if there is b/l kits here that fit in phils. frontier,and di ba pag nag upgrade ka ng tire,dapat iupgrade mo rin yung differential/gear ratio to compensate the gas milage? pero di ko alam kung ilan dapat,and what else to do. just need you advice and thanks a lot.
    The body lift should fit as they used the same body and frame for here and the Philippines. Regarding the tires and gear that depends on how big you want to go. If you go to just 31"-33" tires then you should be fine but anything above 33" you'll likely want the gears. I know you're here and the truck is in the Philippines so it may be hard but try to have someone check what rear diff you have, check if it's H233B? You can also go to www.4x4ph.com and ask the guys there with 4x4 Frontiers or you can PM johnqpublic318 he may know since he is well versed with Nissan's. Another Nissan site is www.nissanoffroad.net they deal with all version of the Frontier since they have members from different countries and talk about every model from the 720 to the Patrol.

Edit: Just saw your added post that you want same as stock. If you go with a lift and bigger tires it may be hard to get the same as stock since the aerodynamics change along with heavier tires. But my opinion is gears would only be needed above 33" as I see guys running those without gears changed. Also unless you recalibrate your odometer and speedometer they'll be running slower so what you read won't be accurate, but you can calculate how many percent they are off and just adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by redorange; May 29th, 2007 at 08:29 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    redorange:Bro tnx for the additional link..i have some question bro. do have some idea what my gear size is? my truck is nissan power pick-up 93 2wd..Im very serious of changing my tire up to 35 ( in the future) i think my truck had the same gear size on the US version hardbodies ( 2WD )...this week im planning to lift my truck 4.5 "-5 " BL in our shop..suspenion lift is up next (4")..
    Bro is the 4x4 torsion bar stronger than the 2WD have? tnx god bless..

dennis powell: Bro nice choice.. if you want you can buy ur BL kit there and have it install here.. BL kit is way cheaper in the states..I've just canvass at jeffs..it cost around 25t free install..My body lift just cost me 4t all in..hehehehehe...I just do a little research and do my own kits..tnx..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    * ZHAK: Here is a post from another site that may be helpful not sure how accurate it is for the Power Eagle.

From: http://groups.msn.com/NissanDatsun72...formation.msnw

The H190 rear housing was used in the '80-'82 4WD 720's which had a 4.375 ratio ring & pinion, so that is why I mentioned it, as it is a good source for those that want to swap a 4.375 pumkin into their 2WD 720's (for example: 240SX engine swaps in the 2WD 720 need at least a 4.111 or 4.375 rear gear to get the engine RPM up into it's powerband on launch off the line). It is true that the '83-'86 4WD 720's used the C200 housing (which is a salisbury type of housing with rear removable cover), and the gear ratio in those models is a 4.111. I might point out that the C200 housing was resurrected again by Nissan in the '98 up 2WD Frontiers, and the ones behind the auto trans version have a 4.375 ratio (which could be transplanted into an earlier '83-'86 4WD 720 C200 housing by pulling the ring & pinion with spider gear carrier out of it for those who might want to change to the 4.375 ratio). There is also now a C200 housing variant in the '02 up Desert Runner and 2WD Crew Cab model Frontiers (available in only some of the models, the others still seem to have the H233 housing in them as well...who knows what Nissan is up to with such variations within the same model vehicles?) that has, I believe, a 4.625 ratio and a 4.9 ratio in them (it appears to be dependant on tire diameter and not transmission type), so those may offer some more gear choices for those of you that have the C200 housing in your '83-'86 4WD 720's.

Also, all the pumkin center sections of the H190 housings used in the '86 1/2-'97 2WD Hardbody trucks and the '98 up manual trans model 2WD Frontiers will bolt-in to the 720's H190 housing. They do however, have 1 1/2" longer pinion gear input yokes on them that use a larger bolt pattern for the driveshaft u-joint connector (the pinion gear shaft length, diameter, spline size, and bearings are still the same though), so in order to use a late model pumkin in the 720's, you will have to either change the input yoke out with the one on the 720's center pumkin pinion gear shaft, or shorten your driveshaft 1 1/2" and use a pinion yoke flange to u-joint adapter from a 240SX driveshaft (they use the smaller u-joints of the 720, but the larger flange bolt pattern of the Hardbody trucks). The ring & pinion itself can also be installed in the 720's pumkin center section as well, but keep in mind that you will have to use the spider gear carrier that the ring gear is bolted to from the later model versions because Nissan changed to a larger bolt diameter on them (the bearings on them are still the same however). If the longer pinion yoke is used by shortening the 720's driveshaft, then the optional '96 up rear wheel antilock brake ABS system can be added to a 720 pickup due to the ABS sensor integrated in the pumkin center section on the pinion input yoke on those optional center section castings (that is what I did on my '85 2WD 720). That also paves the way to add the 4 wheel ABS system that have now come out in the '03 up 2WD Frontiers (requires also adding the front hubs & spindles from it on the 720 as well!).

This should add more data to conversions possible on the 720 pickup!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Toyota rear end I measured was in an '88 Toyota truck.

If you have to go to the trouble of removing the spring perches off, and rewelding them in the right spot for the springs to fit, then why even use the Toyota rearend? You can just as easily do the same to a V-6 Hardbody H233 rear housing, and then transplant a Pathfinder center pumkin section that has the limited slip carrier in it, and the gear ratio you already want! The brakes will also be more compatible then. Both the Toyota and Nissan V-6 Hardbody rearend are about 2 inches wider than the 720's rear housing is though! (so the tires will most likely hit the wheel wells with those swaps).

Yes, the '80-'82 4WD 720's use a R180 front differential that has a 4.375 gear set in them. As a matter of fact, I just bought a low 52K mileage rear pumkin (it had supposedly been sitting in a Washington State wrecking yard for over 12 yrs) out of an '82 4WD 720 (which have the H190 type rear housing) to get a 4.375 ring & pinion for an upgrade on my '85 2WD 720 since I blew two teeth off the pinion gear of my 4.111 gear set (the higher power of my 240SX engine was finally too much for the over 300K mile ring & pinion!). Unfortunately, the dumb asses sent me the front differential by mistake (I got it for $100), so if you want it in order to upgrade to a 4.375 ratio, I can get the wrecking yard to sell it to you instead, and have them ship it to you direct (the wrecking yard is going to have to recall the item back via UPS and then reship the proper rear differential pumpkin regardless because of their mistake!).

-------

Oh, and to be more accurate about the hub-to-hub dimensions on all the rear ends, all of the 720 H190 housings (both 2WD & 4WD) are 55", the Hardbody & Frontier 2WD 4 cyl housings are 56 3/4", and the Hardbody 2WD V-6 H233 housing is 57 1/2". The 4WD Hardbodies (both 4 cyl & V-6) H233 housings are also 57 1/2", except the spring perches are on the top of the housing rather the bottom like the 2WD models (the 720 4WD's are similar in that the rear housing mounts on the underside of the leaf springs too, and the 2WD model housings mount above the leaf springs).

-------

The easiest way to convert your '86 4x4 720 to the 4.375 gears is to swap your entire rear end out for the earlier '80-'82 4x4 720 model H190 housing, since it has the 4.375 gear ratio already, and it has the correct hub-to-hub width and top side mounted spring pads (although it may well be difficult to find a low mileage unit in reasonable shape, and it will require a driveshaft change as well!). The next best option is to find a '98 up 2WD auto trans type Frontier, as it has a C200 housing with a 4.375 ratio, and pull the ring & pinion out of it and transplant it into your '86 C200 housing. A low mileage unit should be fairly easy to find, but since it is a salisbury type housing that doesn't have a removable center section like the H190 type housing, you will most likely have to buy the entire rear end just to get the ring & pinion (unless you can find one with a bent housing from a wreck), so it may be cheaper in the end to buy a brand new ring & pinion from Nissan (I don't believe that anyone makes an aftermarket ring & pinion for the C200 housing...and I know that there are no aftermarket ring & pinions for the H190 type housing either!).

Keep in mind that you will also need to get a R180 front differential from a '80-'82 4x4 720 as well, to get the 4.375 gear ratio. I have a fairly low mileage one (51K miles) that I will sell for $100 to anyone that wants it, since I got it with the rear H190 housing center section from out of an '82 4X4 720 in order to get a 4.375 gear ratio to put in my 240SX powered 2WD 720. This would be cover the front half of what is needed to convert your '86 4x4 720 to the 4.375 ratio anyway!

--------

No driveshaft mods are required to change the '80-'82 R180 front differential out for the '83-'86 one (they are both physically the same, just different gear ratios in them). As for the rear differential I am not sure if the u-joints are the same size, and the driveshafts are the same length between the early 4x4 720's with the H190 housing & the later 4x4 720's with the C200 housing. I do know that the 4x4 720's use a larger u-joint than the 2WD 720's, but the input yoke flange on the H190 center section is the same on all model 720's (whether 2WD or 4WD). The driveshafts are larger in diameter on the 4x4 720's when compared with the 2WD 720's (thus the reason for the larger u-joints). If anyone of you out there has a '80-'82 720 factory service manual, it has a chart in the PD section of it that gives the driveshaft length, diameter, and u-joint size. Let me know what it is and I will compare it with the data in my '85 720 factory service manual to determine if any driveshaft mods are required on such a conversion.

Editor's Note: Although it states above that no driveshaft modifications are required to change the '80-'82 front diff out for the '83-'86, being both physically the same size, I have found differences in the front flange patterns even between a '85 and '86 model year. My '86 had a square 4 bolt pattern, and my '85 had a rectangular pattern which had a smaller OD than the '85. Of course this can be dealt with in two ways, swap the output flange on the differential or the shaft end. But, I'm sure if there were differences between an '85 and an '86 (which were practically identical in every other area) then there could be other variations out there for earlier years. If swapping out/in different year front diffs, it might be a good idea to get the front drive shaft as well... Corey Amundson

9/26/05 New Information! The 1987-89? 4 cylinder 4wd versions of the Stanza wagons and Vans have the R180a front differential and C200 rear with a 4.625:1 gear ratio!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Here is another site:
    http://www.off-road.com/nissan/ref01.html

Check here for the exact specs for the Hardbody.
    http://www.off-road.com/nissan/ref/h...uff/AXLEID.GIF

I just don't know if you have the H233B(VG30 V6) or the H190A(Z24/KA24 I4) since the engine offered are different.

The torsion bars on the 4x4 would be stronger than the 2wd if you will lift it. I think but I'm not sure the 4x4 may be longer since it sits higher and the 2wd would be cranked too much for a comfy ride if they used the same.
    Last edited by redorange; May 30th, 2007 at 11:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    redorange: WOOOOOW!!! what a GEAR info!!!... hehehehhe...tnx I'll save dis as my reference for future mods..Right now my engine is BD25 non-turbo...BTW..I found a nissan 4x4 pick-up chasis with engine (TD27),suspensions ( front and Rear ), complete!! But no main body...it was a Total wreck!!..( This truck hit under the trailer ).. But the chasis with all this stuff is in good shape..engine is surplus japan with trans. I'm planning to transfer my body to this chasis to convert my truck to 4x4.. this project will need a lot of your help guy..tnx..

1 more question does anybody had an idea if the nissan terrano ( PATHFINDER in US ) 2 front doors will fit on nissan pick-up truck 93 model?

Please Rate our thread guys tnx..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
NISSAN Pick-ups and SUVs lover