New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tnx boybi, is possible to convert a 4x2 into a 4x4 buy bolting on a transfer case and a front prop shaft? may surplus kaya na nabibili since i assume these are seldom used parts even on the vehicle w/c they came from. can you give me a ballpark figure if its doable tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even my mom uses 285/75R16's on her stock 2001 Patrol. The 265's look really puny.

And as an update, the damn thing is still in the shop!

The only convenient time to tow it to the shop (Nissan CRVi) was at 3am. Arrived at their doorstep at 4am.

Surprisingly, guard already seems well versed in accepting broken down Patrols at the most unholy hours.

Yeah, early Patrols are tempermental. It's like owning a Land Rover (no offense to the Land Rover guys )

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    What size are teh rotors on the Patrol. I had ordered some nickel plated slotted rotors for my Elgrand and they turned out to be to big. They were from 2000 Nissan Pathfinder. Turns out since the Elgand came with 15" wheels it had smallar rotors but the same calipers and brake pads.

So now I am stuck with them. Just seeing if they fit a patrol.

Diameter [mm]: 300.00; Brake Disc Thickness [mm]: 28.00; Minimum Thickness [mm]: 26.00; Number of Holes: 6; Mounting Type: Bolted; Centering Diameter [mm]: 100.00; Depth [mm]: 38.00

Looking to get rid of them when I return there later this year. They are just sitting in a box.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Even my mom uses 285/75R16's on her stock 2001 Patrol. The 265's look really puny.

And as an update, the damn thing is still in the shop!

The only convenient time to tow it to the shop (Nissan CRVi) was at 3am. Arrived at their doorstep at 4am.

Surprisingly, guard already seems well versed in accepting broken down Patrols at the most unholy hours.

Yeah, early Patrols are tempermental. It's like owning a Land Rover (no offense to the Land Rover guys )
    doc, i read in your post in 4x4ph several months back that it was fixed by malabon diesel already? what happened again?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. Again! But it doesn't seem injection related this time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    meron ba mechanic on the east side, preferrably Marikina na mapagkatiwalaan sa GU? kahit yung mga basic PMS and intercooler, throttle cleaning

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Maganda ang updates sa 2012 Patrol Super Safari.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Sir, crdi na ba yong 2012 patrol super safari?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CRDi naman ang Patrol since 2001

Variable Geometry aka VNT turbo din.

But it's a Patrol, unlike other cars na kelangan pa ng 'VGT' or 'CRDi' badge, the Patrol is not about announcing itself.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I'm thinking of buying a replacement for my Toyota Fortuner. I passed by nissan casa awhile ago and i liked their nissan safari 2012. Finance wise, i like the fortuner. Could you help me decide which of the two would i choose? My criteria would be based on :
    A. Resale value
    B. Fuel efficiency
    C. Riding comfort
    D. What else to consider?

Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread