New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    guy,

not so sure if conoco brand, i'll just buy a 10w-30 cf, b3 rated oil from outside source, mas cheap, especially ung binibilihan ko na oil, at wholesale price. and take note, it's Group V synthetic not Group III mineral derived syn, i used to run on rev-x all terrain, until i emailed petron and they told me that's it's groupIII oil, but it is still the cheapest synthetic it the market here in the phils, around 300++ pesos, i'm still waiting permission from the other forum to post here regarding the advisory of nissan philippines regarding using synthetic oil on nissan engine. pag may approved na, post ko dito ung content...

and Swordsman, it's ok, no harm done, we are all learning here, regards, henry

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sirs need some advise. i have a 2004 GU gas. less than 20k kms. do i need to change:
    1. Radiator coolant.
    2. ATF
    3. Power Steering Fluid
    4. Brake & Clutch Fluid
    5. Trans & Diff Gear oil

original pa kasi lahat yan.

TIA.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you use it only for city driving (no hard revving/offroading), change the gear oil (transfer case and differentials) only, the rest you can change it during the 30K or 40K kms PMS.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Boybi i am about to have a change oil on my diesel 04 patrol..do you recommend synthetic oil or ill stick to the mineral based oil ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've never used synthetic oil on my Patrol before. I logged 165K kms when I sold it and I never had any problems with the engine. If you don't do hard revs on your Patrol, I don't think you'll get a lot of benefits from using synthetic oil. And I don't think the slight improvement in fuel consumption resulting from the use of fully synthetic oil will outweight the additional cost of the synthetic oil.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I've never used synthetic oil on my Patrol before. I logged 165K kms when I sold it and I never had any problems with the engine. If you don't do hard revs on your Patrol, I don't think you'll get a lot of benefits from using synthetic oil. And I don't think the slight improvement in fuel consumption resulting from the use of fully synthetic oil will outweight the additional cost of the synthetic oil.
    Ok ill just stick to mineral based oil..salamat

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    guy, good day!

sory to inform you po na wag ko nalang daw i post dito ung usapan nila ng nissan philippines about using synthetic, and di ako makadaan sa abad santos to take the pics of conoco synthetic, busy busy busy! anyway, once po na makadrop by ako, i'll post the pics, pasensya na po...

anyone using light weight oil light xw30 oil on your engine?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    boybi thanks for the reply.

bibhira lang kasi gamitin ang GU ko. aside from the oil & fluids what else pa kaya should i check or change sirs?? 5 years old na less than 20k kms.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    boybi thanks for the reply.

bibhira lang kasi gamitin ang GU ko. aside from the oil & fluids what else pa kaya should i check or change sirs?? 5 years old na less than 20k kms.
    battery

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    win hi,

pa singit na rin ha, try to rotate po ung all four tires nyo, sigurado ko di nyo pa nagagalaw ung lugnut ng tire nyo. para lang mafreshen up ung tread at kung may kalawang, malunasan kaagad... but if kung nagawa nyo na dont mind me, input nalang ng iba pang kaforum. God bless! henry

Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread