New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by padoods View Post
    Discovered something else with the Patrol. The flooring in the third row is somehow getting wet for some reason.

I asked my dad's driver and he said that they speculate that it is coming from the aircon.

I would just like to ask if other patrol owners have experienced this problem.

Thanks!
    yes sir napansin ko din yun, i dont think its coming from the aircon, usually napapansin ko yun lalo na pag malakas ang ulan. ive already told nissan balintawak and u.n.before adjust na daw nila yun pinto or tail gate kaso ganun pa din. reklamo ko ulit yun sa kanila pag punta ko sa kanila.
    by the way my rig is running smoothly so far after replacing the busted i/c, changed oil using liqui-molly mineral oil,flushed it also with liqui-molly engine flushing ant then changed also 2 fuel filter. Qoute ng nissan 6990 petot pumunta na lang ako sa friendly neighborhood mechanic ko who charged me 500 ayos, so laki tipid ko salamat sa mekaniko

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Water sometimes drips from my 3rd row a/c vents. Not enough to soak the floor though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sirs delski and OTEP:

salamat sa input nyo. nitry ko nga rin iobserve kung nababasa ba yung flooring kapag pag hindi maulan. but with the weather we've had recently there hasnt been a enough of a stretch of sunny days for the flooring to dry out enough para malaman kung nababasa sya pag hindi maulan.

sa inyo sir delski, naayos na ba ng kasa yung problema?

btw, good to hear na maayos na yung takbo ng patrol mo. sana tuloy tuloy na!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    unfortunately sir meron pa din pero kumonti na di tulad nun.il try to observe pa din yun a/c. mileage of the ride varies from 7-8km/l after yun change i/c and oil
    Sir otep yun a/c vent di ba yun yun labasan ng lamig sa ibabaw?. sa left side dun sa trunk meron din parang bukasan dun leading to a tube where the cool air pass, observe ko din yun pero wala din lumalabas dun. may napansin din ako isa pa, yun weather strip sa side nun may spare laging napupunit kala ko nun una sinalbahe so pinalitan ko din ng bago kaso ngayon may punit na naman baka dun galing yun ibang tulo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, the a/c vent is where the cold air comes out. The rear a/c is in the luggage compartment on the driver's side. That's why the left rearmost a/c vents gets the most air and gets the most condensation (pawis).

Dun sa unit ko minsan may tumutulo talaga. Ang lamig kasi ng Nissan A/C. hehehe.

As for the weatherstrip, yes mine is torn. It's really a Patrol problem dating back from the Safari pa. The two piece vertical doors allow for too much flexion and movement kaya nauupod yung goma. No leaks on mine so far.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ok thanks sir otep, by the way ano ginawa mo sa torn weather strip?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    So Glad to have found this Thread. I have a 2001 Y61 Patrol 4x2 for a couple of years now with 54k km. I have heard plenty of horror stories when it comes to replacing parts due to minimal maintenance.

Here is my regimen for the Y61 every 5k: Notice I do almost everything. Y61 parts are very expensive to replace. ( not many surplus parts )

1. Change oil - Motul CRDi Oil - ZD30 is an early generation direct injection diesel engine.
    2. Replace Oil Filter - of course
    3. Replace Fuel Filters
    4. Change ATF
    5. Clean MAF
    6. Replace Air Filter
    7. Check clutch fan
    8. Treat the car to a nice Wax Job (MOTHERS) of course and underwash.

I may have missed something but will come back to it if I remember. When regular maintenance is achieved, I feel like like this car is so worth the money. Most people claimed its underpowered but for the money, I don't think you will find anything else.

Considering I have on 18" wheels (OEM). My car has better power compared to most Y61s with stock 16".

Good day people.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MOMSPH View Post
    So Glad to have found this Thread. I have a 2001 Y61 Patrol 4x2 for a couple of years now with 54k km. I have heard plenty of horror stories when it comes to replacing parts due to minimal maintenance.

Here is my regimen for the Y61 every 5k: Notice I do almost everything. Y61 parts are very expensive to replace. ( not many surplus parts )

1. Change oil - Motul CRDi Oil - ZD30 is an early generation direct injection diesel engine.
    2. Replace Oil Filter - of course
    3. Replace Fuel Filters
    4. Change ATF
    5. Clean MAF
    6. Replace Air Filter
    7. Check clutch fan
    8. Treat the car to a nice Wax Job (MOTHERS) of course and underwash.

I may have missed something but will come back to it if I remember. When regular maintenance is achieved, I feel like like this car is so worth the money. Most people claimed its underpowered but for the money, I don't think you will find anything else.

Considering I have on 18" wheels (OEM). My car has better power compared to most Y61s with stock 16".

Good day people.
    Motul CRDi is fully synthetic. Nissan does not recommend using fully synthetic oil on the ZD30 engine.

You mean you replace your fuel filters and air filters every 5K kms?? They are to be replaced only every 20K kms.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by padoods View Post
    Hi folks,

I inherited my dad's Patrol when he bought a new vehicle. Pansin ko lang na sobrang baho nung exhaust coming out of the Patrol. We have other diesel vehicles and talagang mapapansin mo yung difference, talagang extraordinary yung amoy although no black smoke comes out mula sa tambutso.

Its especially irritating in the mornings pag pinapainit yung kotse. Very open kasi yung house namin so the smell really gets inside the house pag matagal ng idle yung Patrol.

I'm thinking of having it inspected. Would you guys have any ideas on what the cause might be?

TIA!
    parang jeepney nga ang amoy. hehehe. btw, di na kailangan painitin ang makina, just drive slowly for the first few minutes or kilometers, ok na yon. ako, less than a minute pagka-start, alis na agad.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hmmm.....I didn't notice anything bad from putting on synthetic since I change the oil every 5k km, but thanks for the tip.

And Yes, I change fuel filter/air filter every 5k km....its habitual for all my diesel cars. If its a bit too often...oh well, better safe than to forget replacing it. I just had a friend who had an injection pump from his Y61 busted from the lack of attention to his FUEL FILTER according to NISSAN and cost him in the neighborhood of Php100.000 plus. His car is a 2001 Y61 4x4 with only 45,000km. OUCH...

Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread