New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 91 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Now I regret throwing away the plastic bottle it came in...

Hope this link helps a bit:

http://www.waxco.net/index.html

Hmm... fuel injector cleaner. Pass muna siguro ako, bagong palit injection pump baka manibago. .. Thanks Otep!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oil Question

I usually buy my oil change parts from Nissan North EDSA. Due to time constraints, I had to buy my parts from Nissan Manila in Abad Santos.

Only when I got home did I realize that I did not get the usual Shell Helix Diesel 15W-40 that North EDSA gives me. Nissan Manila packaged my oil filter with Shell Helix Super 20W-50.

I called up Nissan New Manila and they insisted that they use Shell Helix Super for both gasoline and diesel engines.

Tama ba sila? I already poured the oil in... Next oil change, I'll be more careful.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    If you're worried about the shell helix super, I think it can be used for both diesel and gasoline engines, similar to other oils in our market.

If you're worried about the viscosity, I guess its ok since in the service manual the viscosity is still within the range of recommended oil.

In our unit I use Mobil Delvac Mx 15W-40W since the label specifically mentioned that it is recommended for engines with EGR which our GU has, and the last time I checked I observed that it has the highest API rating compared to other oils in the local market.
    http://www.mobil.com/Australia-Engli..._MX_15W-40.asp

P.S.
    During your oil change, is there any chance that you look inside the oil filter body, is there any gasket/rubber inside that would hold the filter element firmly in place? TIA

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=688

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sir hows your patrol doin? my ride is experiencing the same problem, busted intercooler filament dahil dun sa rubber around nun badge nya(the one ontop of the ic.kumaskas sya bec of heat and probably vibration.Yun nga talaga siguro sakit ng mga patrol.tried calling erl sabi nya tawag daw sya sa akin pero la namn na reply.sir sino mechanic mo dun?itry ko sana kausapin para magfabricate na lang like what he did to your ride.madugo nga 70t lalo na ngayon e.Magkano inabot ng fabrication nila sir?
    [Qyour patrol doin. Unfortunately kasi ourUOTE=fibzzz;1071970]my mistake about the surplus intercooler. mahirap nga daw makahanap sabi ng mechanic.

ok na intercooler ko. they fabricated a new one for me. galing sa nissan sylvia yung core ng intercooler then they welded it to my stock endtanks tas yun kabit na ulit sa car. the new intercooler does not fit the original housing/cover. bitin siya by an inch or so but they said ok lang yan since mas high quality material naman and mas makapal yng aluminum kaysa sa yng stock intercooler.may guarantee naman e so im happy with it. test drive nalang cguro.[/QUOTE]
    sir hows

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    delski: medyo busy cla ngayon i just came from their shop. puno. your best bet will be to check your car in para magawa tlga nila. or meet with the people there in person forgot na who my mechanic was e. look for andrew nalang ask mo kung kaya gawan or kung may ma rerecommend cya. hirap ksi verbal over the phone lang e. lagi kasi puno e so medyo matatagalan tlga yan.

on a side note you can also try other shops which specialize in turbos and mods. de ko lang alam which ones. ask around nalng dto sa tsikot.

yah dont go casa on this one. kaya talaga to i source outside. sorry am not into turbo mods and stuff so wla tlga ako ma recom. just so happens na la syado cars sa erl nung pinagawa ko patrol ko.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi folks,

I inherited my dad's Patrol when he bought a new vehicle. Pansin ko lang na sobrang baho nung exhaust coming out of the Patrol. We have other diesel vehicles and talagang mapapansin mo yung difference, talagang extraordinary yung amoy although no black smoke comes out mula sa tambutso.

Its especially irritating in the mornings pag pinapainit yung kotse. Very open kasi yung house namin so the smell really gets inside the house pag matagal ng idle yung Patrol.

I'm thinking of having it inspected. Would you guys have any ideas on what the cause might be?

TIA!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normal lang yang amoy sa exhaust ng Patrol. Mabaho talaga.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ah ganun ba?

yun kasing diesel namin na innova tsaka starex hindi ganun yung amoy eh. yung sa patrol masagwa talaga hehe.

anyways, salamat sir boybi sa info.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Discovered something else with the Patrol. The flooring in the third row is somehow getting wet for some reason.

I asked my dad's driver and he said that they speculate that it is coming from the aircon.

I would just like to ask if other patrol owners have experienced this problem.

Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just want to thank the patol gurus and members who shared their knowledge in this thread.

Bought my 2001 model 2 months ago, 40k lang tinakbo. sure about that kasi neighbor ko me ari, bihira talaga magamit kaya binenta. Really have no idea with regards to the maintenance buti na lang i bump into this thread.

Just had it diagnosed today at nissan balintawak and everything was A OK.

Nilinis MAF sensor, change oils and filters. Binugahan din yung exhaust pipe ng tubig and like a miracle wala ng maitim na usok!

GOOD THREAD. Thanks!

Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread