New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Nissan is a good choice, considering that you're going to replace your car with a 1999 model. I'm sure you're going to save more on gas. Go for it!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ok yan sir, galing ng engine ng sentra, pag bumili ka ng second hand ng ibang brand medyo kakabahan ka sa timing belt, yung iba pinapalitan agad just to be sure pero pag Nissan timing chain medyo kampante ka, at least that is what I feel

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tama ka dyan LHV. galing ng makina ng sentra. Never pa kong tinirik, maski nung bagyong milenyo!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    good day sir. newbie here. ask ko lang po kung ok ba yung price na 160k for a 1999 Sentra LEC PS? nasa 85k na ang tinatakbo.

with the same budget, ano kayang other options (second hand) ko? considerations are power steering and best FC. first car sana and ngayon pa lang nag drive.

thank you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nazerq View Post
    good day sir. newbie here. ask ko lang po kung ok ba yung price na 160k for a 1999 Sentra LEC PS? nasa 85k na ang tinatakbo.

with the same budget, ano kayang other options (second hand) ko? considerations are power steering and best FC. first car sana and ngayon pa lang nag drive.

thank you.
    A bit pricey but if the condition is very very good, baka worth it na. Mababa pa mileage (if not tampered with).

May mga Civic hatch na around that price range.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If best FC is your consideration, you may be better off looking at a 1998 to 2000 1.4 EX Saloon Sentra as this is EFI already. Better FC versus the carbed 1.3 FE/LEC as long as its in good condition. 160K is a bit steep for a LEC Sentra... maybe around 130K. And be wary about the low mileage; better research more on the history of the car.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If best FC is your consideration, you may be better off looking at a 1998 to 2000 1.4 EX Saloon Sentra as this is EFI already. Better FC versus the carbed 1.3 FE/LEC as long as its in good condition. 160K is a bit steep for a LEC Sentra... maybe around 130K. And be wary about the low mileage; better research more on the history of the car.
    LEC cost average 100K (pls go to sulit.com.ph and seach for nissan LEC). For 160K go for civic, though it all boils down to how it was maintained.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    hello again, been using the car for 2 years now and very happy because no major problem yet. as in wala pang pinapagawa. just changed the old mags

my only problem is that i'm only getting 9-10km/ltr on my fuel consumption.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We had a '93 LEC before, we had it for 12 years, all I can say is that its a very reliable car with a great aircon, ang downside lang is medyo malakas sa gas, mas tipid pa sa gas yung '89 Corolla 16 valve dati. During the 12 years it was with us, we logged almost 300,000 km before it got sold. The engine was overhauled once but it was the drivers fault because he neglected the basic maintenance like simple oil changes. I remember using it one last time before it got sold, I used it to pick up leaf springs(muelle) in Binondo, because it was an entire set for an Isuzu Forward it was very heavy, we loaded it in the trunk and the rear of the car sagged noticeably, but the engine handled all that weight effortlessly.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nazerq View Post

thank you.
    medyo pricey na ata to...2000 lec ps nasa 90-120k range na lang dapat...

got a 2000LEC-PS (private) for 90k last year.
    indeed a very reliable car. dami din parts (even surplus) and price nia halos sa toyota lang (based sa experience ko with my toyota dati)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
nissan lec ps comments