New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ang daming issues sa unit ko na 2012 model, ayaw tanggapin sa servitek kasi daw hindi sigurado kung may pyesa, dalhin ko nalang daw sa banawe para sure.

Need to replace suspension bushings, tie rod ends, front wheel bearing, front shock mounts, brake pads, rear shock absorbers, rack and pinion assembly, engine supports ..damn aabutin ako P50k more or less, my mileage is just 63tkm.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wow! Mine was bought in 2010 but I didn't encounter those problems before I shipped it last year to my in laws in Cebu with 60+ km on the odo. Do you drive it often on unpaved roads?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; October 24th, 2018 at 06:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Ang daming issues sa unit ko na 2012 model, ayaw tanggapin sa servitek kasi daw hindi sigurado kung may pyesa, dalhin ko nalang daw sa banawe para sure.

Need to replace suspension bushings, tie rod ends, front wheel bearing, front shock mounts, brake pads, rear shock absorbers, rack and pinion assembly, engine supports ..damn aabutin ako P50k more or less, my mileage is just 63tkm.
    in my opinion, isa lang naman ang issue. "hirap makahanap ng piyesa".

about a year ago, i brought my toyota to banawe for some pms/repair. brake pads replacement, and the non-functioning power window at the back.
    i noticed a livina there, naka-baklas na front suspension.
    after an hour, tapos na ako. i asked, bakit walang gumagawa ng livina?
    the mechanic says, "hinihintay pa po ang piyesa."
    Last edited by dr. d; October 25th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We don’t have local ranking like CR does in the US. But, IMO, having driven several Nissan vehicles (80s-90s Sentras and Maxima) and even owning a couple, they’re the Asian equivalent of GM for being unreliable.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had a sentra before. 13 years.
    reliable and matibay car.
    in one survey, the engine was even rated second only to the toyota's 2E, in terms of being among the most reliable engines ever.

nissan's problems are parts availability.

some years ago, i inquired at nissan, re. the grand livina.
    the salesperson said that the car is a cbu, and imported only when there is a buyer.
    then and there, i crossed the choice out... "papano piyesa...? ship over only when there is an order..?"
    Last edited by dr. d; October 26th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had a sentra before. 13 years.
    reliable and matibay car.
    in one survey, the engine was even rated second only to the toyota's 2E, in terms of being among the most reliable engines ever.

nissan's problems are parts availability.

some years ago, i inquired at nissan, re. the grand livina.
    the salesperson said that the car is a cbu, and imported only when there is a buyer.
    then and there, i crossed the choice out... "papano piyesa...? ship over only when there is an order..?"
    The engines were actually fine, except for the idle "hang" issue with our '92 Sentra ECCS. But everything else like cabin electronics (power windows, power door locks, climate control) as well as the 'kalampagin' suspension (rack-ends, tie-rods, seized dampers, stab-links) were headaches we could've lived without. Two years into ownership, the smell of raw gasoline would intermittently appear inside the passenger cabin. The clutch pedal becomes gritty to the feel when you step on the pedal after a year or so of replacing the clutch cable. It needed a new alternator on the 3rd or 4th year. These are just the ones I can remember. We had it for 6 years but sold it because of the recurring problems.

Before that, my mom was assigned a box-type Sentra and then a Maxima by her office. Those things were rust-buckets.... and they also had the 'kalampagin' heritage. Though the Maxima was fun to drive with it's 2.0L engine, it also suffered some of the cabin electronics and mechanical issues as our later Sentra. It was also a gas guzzler so my mom promptly gave it back to the office after three months and asked to be downgraded back to a Sentra.

Around halfway through owning the ECCS, we got a Lancer 'itlog' which was kalampagin as well. And even though it also had a 1.6L engine, it's got abysmal torque (compared to the ECCS).... it actually feels like it had a 1.3L engine. Towards the latter part of the 90's, we bought our first Honda, a 6th gen Civic and boy was it tight! Stayed with us for 8 years and about the only issue we had with it was a busted backlight bulb for the climate control.

Not really a Honda fan but at the time, it was indeed as reliable as they market them to be. We replaced it with an 8th Gen Civic. Now, we all drive Toyotas.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

sir join ka sa Nissan Grand Livina Owners sa FB lahat ng parts na sinabi mo merong replacement parts na available sa market ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123