New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    My friend has a Grand Livina. He bought it for around Php280k. Before even a year had finished, he has already spent close to a 100k in repairs. Granted the previous owner may not have properly maintained the car and those problems only manifested itself when already in his hands... but for the parts that has been replaced and services rendered, I should say in a Toyota the price wouldn't even touch half of that. Some of the parts kasi were direct casa since wala siya makita 3rd party replacement parts. Pwedeng available sila somewhere in Banawe or Evangelista, but for the Toyota counterpart they can probably be had in your suking auto parts store nearest you.
    Which parts were replaced? I checked my records and in 5 years it was with me, I replaced the battery once and all 4 tires. Mileage was around 60K.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in orphan or semi-orphan cars, the question is usually more of the availability of parts, and not the price.
    i used to maintain one, many years ago.
    i decided to change it, when i heard the storekeeper who just said to me, "sorry wala", turn to the next customer inquiring about his toyota needs, "oem, japan replacement, o taiwan? kaliwa or kanan? harap o likod? pang bayan seller o pangmatagalan? ilan gusto mo?"

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I had my grand livina maintained at the pasong tamo casa for 5 years. Never encountered a problem that is not related to wear and tear.

Hi.

Does nissan casa charge reasonably for services rendered ?

From personal experience kasi, mitsubishi casa charges at least double what toyota casa charges. with nissan, no idea.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Casa is relatively expensive compared to ordinary talyers. If the unit is more than 5 years, just visit your suking mechanic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    Hi.

Does nissan casa charge reasonably for services rendered ?

From personal experience kasi, mitsubishi casa charges at least double what toyota casa charges. with nissan, no idea.
    in my opinion. the advantages of casa are:
    1. the replacement part is genuine;
    2. the part is avail-able, and owner does not have to go store-hopping; and
    3. the casa mechanic knows how to replace the part.

the dis-advantages:
    1. matagal ang service.
    2. mas mahal.
    3. kung minsan, ay walang casa sa immediate neighborhood. one might have to go to the nearby province or distant city.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi.

My neighbor is selling me a 2010 Nissan grand livina that is currently in good condition. Considering it’s age, I would like to ask current Nissan owners if the usual parts (oil filter, brake pads, under chassis parts) for it are easy enough to find ? And if so, are there aftermarket parts available in many auto parts stores?

Obviously, I don’t want to end up going to casa for regular maintenance activities and end up paying casa prices.

Should I buy it? Anything I should consider before buying it?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
    For how much? For me your neighbor wanted to "dispose" it for obvious reason, once it aged it's going to be more difficult to maintain. Unless you'll keep it for good but when time comes that you wanted it to go i think it'll be much much more difficult. I'll pick an Innova for that.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    For how much? For me your neighbor wanted to "dispose" it for obvious reason, once it aged it's going to be more difficult to maintain. Unless you'll keep it for good but when time comes that you wanted it to go i think it'll be much much more difficult. I'll pick an Innova for that.
    Price is 285k. Compared to an avanza, it is around 100k less.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in orphan or semi-orphan cars, the question is usually more of the availability of parts, and not the price.
    i used to maintain one, many years ago.
    i decided to change it, when i heard the storekeeper who just said to me, "sorry wala", turn to the next customer inquiring about his toyota needs, "oem, japan replacement, o taiwan? kaliwa or kanan? harap o likod? pang bayan seller o pangmatagalan? ilan gusto mo?"
    So, all your vehicles now are Toyota?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018

the dis-advantages:
    1. matagal ang service.
    2. mas mahal.
    3. kung minsan, ay walang casa sa immediate neighborhood. one might have to go to the nearby province or distant city.

Mas maganda talaga casa kaso masyadong mahal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the dis-advantages:
    1. matagal ang service.
    2. mas mahal.

Oo Mas maganda talaga casa kaso masyadong mahal

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So, all your vehicles now are Toyota?
    japs, po.
    yung madaling makakuha ng piyesang non-casa, sa tamang presyo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast