New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I have yet to schedule a test drive for the Terra. But, regarding the disc/drum setup. The only thing I noticed about them (personally) was when I compare the setup by Toyota of the previous gen Fortuner and the current gen when it still had the disc/drum setup.

For whatever reason, they tuned the disc brakes to bite harder than the rear on the previous gen, which always made the car lurch forward when you brake a little hard. In the new gen, when it still had the disc/drum setup, this is not noticeable to me.

I do hope they set it a bit like that where the Terra doesn't lurch forward when you brake it hard.
    How about the new gen montero they do feel your pushing forward when braking? Body dynamics?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    How about the new gen montero they do feel your pushing forward when braking? Body dynamics?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Maybe attributed to its softer suspension setup

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    The disc / drum setup of the Terra is also a letdown for me. At least the Fortuner is now disc / disc. Agree the brake setup is more and more a matter of preference rather than performance, but yeah, a premium priced car should not have scrimped on that aspect, if I may say so myself. It's just something that keeps niggling at you, like a slow leaking faucet. But unlike the faucet, this problem is not as easily remedied.
    dalwa luma car ko isang 12 yrs old Santa Fe saka isa 13 yrs old Explorer, pareho Naka Disc brakes sa rear, ni hinde ko lang napansin until now nun nabasa ko to lumabas ako sa garahe, tapos kumuha ng flashlight tapos finlashlightan tapos yun nga pareho disc brakes front and rear eto dalawa old cars ko

akalain mo hihihi, ni hindi ko namalayan na mportante pala yun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Just sharing...

H2H #181 Nissan TERRA vs Toyota FORTUNER - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Eps?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    dalwa luma car ko isang 12 yrs old Santa Fe saka isa 13 yrs old Explorer, pareho Naka Disc brakes sa rear, ni hinde ko lang napansin until now nun nabasa ko to lumabas ako sa garahe, tapos kumuha ng flashlight tapos finlashlightan tapos yun nga pareho disc brakes front and rear eto dalawa old cars ko

akalain mo hihihi, ni hindi ko namalayan na mportante pala yun.
    OB, following your economic point of view of having drums add to cost of ownership. For example for every PMS it would consume
    1can Wurth brake cleaner P300
    2 man hours, P540/hr
    shop supplies/rags - P200
    Total P1,040

Kung 2 x ka PMS in a year, naka save kana P2k then add mo pa jan yung free haircut mo sa Federal Barbers dahil member ka ng Landers e di tinding tipid nun sigurado recession proof ka.

Konting ingay pa baka bumigay din ang Nissan. Yung unfortuner first release drum din, naging disc nung dumami din critic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Eps?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Weird, right? That’s why i’ve included the brakes... 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    OB, following your economic point of view of having drums add to cost of ownership. For example for every PMS it would consume
    1can Wurth brake cleaner P300
    2 man hours, P540/hr
    shop supplies/rags - P200
    Total P1,040

Kung 2 x ka PMS in a year, naka save kana P2k then add mo pa jan yung free haircut mo sa Federal Barbers dahil member ka ng Landers e di tinding tipid nun sigurado recession proof ka.

Konting ingay pa baka bumigay din ang Nissan. Yung unfortuner first release drum din, naging disc nung dumami din critic.
    di lang yan, bumibile ako lagi ng buy1 take 1 sa dough and co cakes ang pastries

sa Landers tapos dessert na namin ng asawa ko yun for 1 week tapos ang kape ko Green Tea Matcha binile ko sa Landers na P300 na lang hihi , tapos pag naka P3000 Bill ako may P7/liter discount ako sa Clatex sa gas, P4 sa diesel.

Sa Landers din ako bumibile neto

ang mura neto sa Landers pero voluem tipong P20+ lang, eh kain kami wife ko tig-isa bawat araw samahan namin ng 3in1. super tipid talaga ngaun infaltion pero masarap

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No, it doesn't. In fact when put in a blind test I'm pretty sure most of the noisy people on the internet wouldn't be able to tell a disc/drum setup from a disc/disc setup.

Yes, a car close to 2M ought to have disc brakes all around. But just because it has drums at the rear doesn't mean it's a deal-breaker.

Front discs do 90% of the braking and drums aren't necessarily weaker than rear discs, just less efficient at cooling (but they don't heat up much anyway, because again 90% of the braking is done by the front brakes). I've driven cars with drum brakes at the rear on the racetrack and it's not much of a dealbreaker there - much less on the streets at much lower speeds.

It's even far less relevant than 3rd row space yet it's blown out of proportion on the interwebs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thank you for clarifying this. I never thought that it is a deal breaker for some people. I admit that I like the way how it looks, two disc brakes.

In terms of maintenance, I couldn't get the technique on when to know that drum brakes need cleaning or replacement. For the disc brakes, I can easily distinguish it with sounds. I remember *jick.cejoco explaining it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find where I saved it.

I suddenly remembered this term, disk. I now wonder which one is correct, disc break or disk brakes?
    [emoji3]

I'm off topic again, I better get out of here.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Brake pare. Ü

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk