The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good day mga bro!

Saan ba pwedeng makabili ng K&N filter for my Nissan Maxima
    (CA20S engine)?

Nasuyod ko na ang Banawe pero pahirapan talaga.
    It seems the only option for me is to order from the US.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried inquiring from SPEEDLAB?

www.speedlab.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks bro! Sasadyain ko sila tomorrow.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Thanks bro! Sasadyain ko sila tomorrow.
    It would save you the time by simply giving them a call if they have what you are looking for in stock. The website also has their contact info including their phone numbers.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    bro tignan mo din sa delmonte ave. na malapit sa tapat ng gate ng talayan village or sa tapat mismo ng city motors kahelera ng car tronics may makikita ka dun na shop may mga display ng K&N filters

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks mga bro! Mapapadali ang paghahanap ko ngayon.

Napapalitan ko na kasi ng headers at ginawa naming 2"-diameter twin pipes ang exhaust. Itong intake na lang ang kulang. Ayaw ko namang lagyan ng typhoon-type intake. Drop-in lang ay OK na. Beyond this modifications, wala na sa budget. He he he.

Ciao!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks mga bro! Mapapadali ang paghahanap ko ngayon.

Napapalitan ko na kasi ng headers at ginawa naming 2"-diameter twin pipes ang exhaust. Itong intake na lang ang kulang. Ayaw ko namang lagyan ng typhoon-type intake. Drop-in lang ay OK na. Beyond this modifications, wala na sa budget. He he he.

Ciao!
    Honestly, I would rather simply keep the engine completely stock. There isn't much performance that can be produced from the CA20 engine. The CA20 engine is rated between 105 to 115 HP. That is pretty low for today's standard of 140hp for a 2.0L engine (example SR20DE)

If you want to get more power for your Maxima, I would strongly suggest to start with an engine swap with a SR20DE engine.

My project sentra has a SR20DE engine tuned to over 150hp at the wheels.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I still haven't found the K&N filter for my Maxima. SpeedLab suggested to install an external setup. But I decided to extend my scouting because I really want to keep it as a stock . I like it as it is. Kaya nga drop-in lang ang hinahanap ko.

As for the SR20DE engine, my friend told me to install the SR18DET instead. Much more horses. But it would require upsizing my brakes and strengthening the frame. Sadly, I wouldn't go that far because of budget constraints. But that idea of yours is very appealing.

By the way, mayabang yung isang Fil-Chinese dun sa SpeedLab. Siya yung payat, mid-20's ang edad, at sa tingin ko e owner or co-owner ng shop. He laughed when I brought in the sample filter of my CA20S. Karburador lang pala naman daw. Sabay iniwan ako. Buti at mababait ang mga staff nila... Filipino staff. OK lang, I did not go there to be entertained. Anyway, I just also proved that SpeedLab's prices are way too high. Example, yung K&N cone-type filter nila ay php4,500, while sa Nihhon * Banawe ay php3,500 lang. Marami namang nagpapauto.

Enuf sed. I'm still on the hunt for that elusive K&N drop-in filter for my Maxima. This blog is still open for inputs. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the SR20DE engine, my friend told me to install the SR18DET instead. Much more horses. But it would require upsizing my brakes and strengthening the frame. Sadly, I wouldn't go that far because of budget constraints. But that idea of yours is very appealing.
    Even if the SR18DET will get you more power, it would also cost you much more than a SR20DE swap (not including the turbo piping, etc). And the plus part is you could always do an aftermarket turbo setup on the SR20 later if/when you have the budget for it. Stock SR20DE with turbo would be enough for at least 200hp.

Just something to think about.

Anyway, performance it's all about have a lot of HP but more of a balance of power and control. Having too much power is useless if you can't control it. That is why I prefer the N/A SR20DE in my project car.

By the way, mayabang yung isang Fil-Chinese dun sa SpeedLab. Siya yung payat, mid-20's ang edad, at sa tingin ko e owner or co-owner ng shop. He laughed when I brought in the sample filter of my CA20S. Karburador lang pala naman daw. Sabay iniwan ako.
    That would be "sids" ... known him for years. Don't take his behavior into any personal offense because that is really how he is. He can be a fun guy to talk with once you get to know him better.

Buti at mababait ang mga staff nila... Filipino staff. OK lang, I did not go there to be entertained. Anyway, I just also proved that SpeedLab's prices are way too high. Example, yung K&N cone-type filter nila ay php4,500, while sa Nihhon * Banawe ay php3,500 lang. Marami namang nagpapauto.
    Speedlab isn't simply about selling parts at the cheapest price but more about the overall service (try overlooking your experience with sids). A good number of cars on the road with proven performance have been tuned by speedlab. Tuning cars isn't really for the cheap because it can get expensive really quickly.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Example, yung K&N cone-type filter nila ay php4,500, while sa Nihhon * Banawe ay php3,500 lang. Marami namang nagpapauto.
    Sir,
    Ask ko lang
    Saan gawi po yung Nihhon sa Banawe?
    Looking for a K&N cone filter din kasi.

Sa side ba ng E. rod. Que Blvd ito or sa Orthopedic side po?
    Saan po siya malapit.
    Salamat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast