New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Cars are made to be driven, not to lounge on. Sadly, Nissan keeps addressing the second factor while the class leaders make their cars a better driving experience. Whatever they put in that Sentra, even a free iPod or PS2, doesn't make it any better than an Altis.

If we had the USDM Sentra, it would have been a different story all along.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Cars are made to be driven, not to lounge on. Sadly, Nissan keeps addressing the second factor while the class leaders make their cars a better driving experience.
    True, if you are not concerned about the comfort of your passengers. As for the drivers, comfortable cabin especially for those long trips, is a plus.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thing is, our Lynx RS is stiffer and less comfort oriented than our previous "lounge on wheels" and the first thing I heard from my (aherm) "Boss" is how nice the ride was.

Driving agility and ability are always key for me. There are "comfortable" cars I would NEVER get into if I had the choice, for fear of my life.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    different strokes for different strokes. i could care less if the car can pull 1G if im shopping for a daily ride. i'd pick a comfy car over a "sporty" variant any day.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom
    True, if you are not concerned about the comfort of your passengers. As for the drivers, comfortable cabin especially for those long trips, is a plus.
    I should have said that cars should be designed primarily for drivability while luxury comes second. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say an Altis is uncomfortable.

Manufacturers should think that there can be a driver without passengers but not the other way around, up until self-driving cars are invented. BMW oftentimes beats its German competitors because of this.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You're forgetting the fact that your term of "beats" is based on test drivers of magazines and you must ask yourself, how many times will the owner drive the car the way the testers do?

Manufacturers SHOULD manufacture cars that will keep the company profitable. That's the "SHOULD" part, otherwise, none will matter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw it also and it does fail to inspire at this point in time... the car isnt bad (as some guys here know, we've had several Nissans already and they've served us very well) but if you were to compare from a wholistic view, iwan na talaga siya by the leaders (Civic and Corolla). They tune it more for riding comfort with this and that accessory but the car lacks in interior space; they put the GT monicker but it's not really a sports sedan... Gee... I sense some confusion in the NMPI marketing force. :P

It's high time for a model cleanup and upgrade...

BTW, cars are manufactured and designed with different goals and perspectives. The target markets will always vary in terms of taste, preferences, knowledge, etc... It's up to the manufacturer to research and design based on such inputs.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I really don't get why it came in after the Optra...

But then again, there's something to be said about familiarity... it breeds contempt, and the Sentra has been here so long, most people have nothing but contempt for it, even if it deserves at least SOME respect.
    well i think i can be one of those who had a bad experience with the early box-type sentra's; that up until now my spine shivers when i hear "sentra"... to many problem with that car... suspension, engine, body rust, electrical... halos buong oto na ata yun ah... pero dahil sa sentra naming yun, natutuo ako mag kalikot ng makina at ng electricals

pero i have a nissan urvan now ok naman sya... sa tingin ko pag gawa ng NMPI medyo sablay... pag universal motors(urvan, frontier, patrol) mas ok ang quality.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Memo to Nissan Motors Phil. Inc.,

There are no takers here.
    Give away new Sentra to the undersigned.
    Who will praise it to high heavens.
    Then watch your sales increase.

CtrlAltDel

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz
    pero i have a nissan urvan now ok naman sya... sa tingin ko pag gawa ng NMPI medyo sablay... pag universal motors(urvan, frontier, patrol) mas ok ang quality.

Urvan na sinakyan namin kahapon nag-bo-blow ng headlight fuse. Kaya sa highway wala kaming headlights tapos gabi na...

Well the sentra isn't so bad really... For the price of a Honda City you get a bigger car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I-style Sentra is here[merged threads]