New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moxk2 View Post
    thank you so much sirs...

I will start looking for performance parts. I will start with the rims and suspensions. BTW sirs are coil overs better than buying suspension parts separately, i guess its more expensive than buying the parts one by one, correct me if i'm wrong sirs Any suggestions on what shops i should go to first?
    Coil-overs give you the control of the amount of drop of your suspension. Downside, they are stiff... stiff enough to feel like you are breaking your spine every time you drive over the smallest crack on the road.

Since you are on a budget, you can just opt for standard lowering springs fitted over your car's stock shocks. Not the best but it will work well up to three people in the car.

As for the shop, if you are near Quezon Ave, you can visit SPEEDLAB.

contact info: http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.php

Look for Ferman. If you meet a guy named Sids, just ignore whatever he says.

sir ghosthunter question po ano po yung VVL Solenoids for SR20DE and i think it needs something like activators for VVL Solenoids, my friend just told me about it. It really hard for me, a newbie, to understand these terminologies. I asked you this question because someone is trading his SR20VE NEO VVL engine for my xbox and ps3. I dont know these stuff, hope you can enlighten me. thanks again..
    I am just guessing but I would think the SR20VE engine is missing an ECU. In the end, the engine (as is) would perform like a standard SR20DE engine (or worst) if you can get it to even to start.

Solenoids are like electric motors except they move in a straight line. Electric motors rotate. The VVL solenoids control the valves of the SR20VE engine. They make the valves open wider at a certain conditions (like RPM or engine load). Without the proper controller, the VVL system will not operate properly if at all.

It might be possible to get the VVL solenoids to work using a piggyback ECU like SPEEDLAB's UNICHIP but that will be an expensive and experimental solution.

So without the proper VVL controller, the SR20VE is worthless.

You would be better off with a SR20DE complete with harness and ECU. Cheaper to buy than a SR20VE and mods are basic and proven. I had a B14 with a SR20DE tuned to give out between 170 to 180hp.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Coil-overs give you the control of the amount of drop of your suspension. Downside, they are stiff... stiff enough to feel like you are breaking your spine every time you drive over the smallest crack on the road.

Since you are on a budget, you can just opt for standard lowering springs fitted over your car's stock shocks. Not the best but it will work well up to three people in the car.

As for the shop, if you are near Quezon Ave, you can visit SPEEDLAB.

contact info: http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.php

Look for Ferman. If you meet a guy named Sids, just ignore whatever he says.

I am just guessing but I would think the SR20VE engine is missing an ECU. In the end, the engine (as is) would perform like a standard SR20DE engine (or worst) if you can get it to even to start.

Solenoids are like electric motors except they move in a straight line. Electric motors rotate. The VVL solenoids control the valves of the SR20VE engine. They make the valves open wider at a certain conditions (like RPM or engine load). Without the proper controller, the VVL system will not operate properly if at all.

It might be possible to get the VVL solenoids to work using a piggyback ECU like SPEEDLAB's UNICHIP but that will be an expensive and experimental solution.

So without the proper VVL controller, the SR20VE is worthless.

You would be better off with a SR20DE complete with harness and ECU. Cheaper to buy than a SR20VE and mods are basic and proven. I had a B14 with a SR20DE tuned to give out between 170 to 180hp.
    =========================

Wow sir! you're really great at these things... I salute you. I really learned a lot from you sir. Wish to meet you someday... Cheers!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Just don't overdo it my friend. Better to look like a sleeper than all blinged out

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moxk2 View Post
    =========================

Wow sir! you're really great at these things... I salute you. I really learned a lot from you sir. Wish to meet you someday... Cheers!

BTW, try not to be too "radical" with external "looks" mods. The B13 Sentra Super Saloon can look great with just the simple lowering, good choice of aftermarket wheels and a JDM "Sunny" type front grill.

Clean lines without bodykits often look better than something that resembles a spaceship from Mars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here are a couple of examples of clean mods...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yung puti ba sir GH nafeature na sa top gear? JDM ang set up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by emms1121 View Post
    Yung puti ba sir GH nafeature na sa top gear? JDM ang set up.

Dunno.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    sir GH tanong ko lang po gusto kasi magpalit ng mags na 16 or 17 sa b14 ko kaya may nagsabi sakin mabigat daw ang 17mags ano po ba ang magandang maadvise mo sakin regarding this...
    thank you sir....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mafers View Post
    sir GH tanong ko lang po gusto kasi magpalit ng mags na 16 or 17 sa b14 ko kaya may nagsabi sakin mabigat daw ang 17mags ano po ba ang magandang maadvise mo sakin regarding this...
    thank you sir....
    Larger wheels will have more mass (weight). And most of that weight/mass will be located at the rotating outer edge.

All that weight/mass will make your car feel slower and heavier.

Also you will notice your fuel consumption will increase. Ride comfort will decrease.

For your size of car, 16s would be the biggest wheel I would suggest but even then ride comfort is pretty much out of the window. 15s give the best compromise between looks and comfort.

As for the tire size ... 195/50/R15 give better looks and handling. 195/55/R15 give better ride comfort with a touch less handling sharpness. The size difference between series 50 and 55 might be small but i can feel the ride/handling difference.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mafers View Post
    may nagsabi sakin mabigat daw ang 17mags ano po ba ang magandang maadvise mo sakin regarding this...
    thank you sir....
    Given you keep your suspension stock:

17s on Sentra N16 with 40 series tires = (really bouncy, heavy feel)

17s on Sentra N16 with 45 series tires = (tolerable bouncy and heavy feel, but man N16 suspension is really softer than B14)

IMHO, take the 17s out of your list. You still get the looks on 16s and 15s with less and least compromise, respectively.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help pimp my old nissan sentra 1991 model