New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I've been a fan of the Nissan GTR. I'm totally in love with the said car (from your old school Hakosuka to the technological and mechanical monster of an R35). It's just that I'm wondering why it's not being sold by Nissan here in the Philippines. Were there any reported constraints and/or reasons why? And, for a supercar rated to be less costly than its European cousins, why is it that when it's sold by non-Nissan distributors, the cost is, at the least, tripled? As a frustrated and newbie car enthusiast, if anyone can expound on such rules and reasons, i'd appreciate it very much.

On another note, I've seen a couple being driven around here in Manila. Knowing that it costs less and performs way better than your average supercar (so says a number of mags and car reviews), I was kind of hoping to see more of the rich people getting into and driing off in one. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but, honestly, I'm hoping I could have one myself. Who knows? Mag dilang anghel sana ko!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Import taxes. That's why it's expensive. Same goes with every other cars being sold here.

Not sure why NMPI didn't bring in the GTR here. But then, NMPI has the littlest will when it comes to bringing in new Nissan models here so that's to be expected. And maybe, Nissan doesn't even see a huge market for the GTR. Wala pa nga yung unit sa dealer nila, they already have a competitor -- the grey markets, and there are lots of them, most even offering better packages.

"I've seen a couple..." only a couple?? I see more R35s than EVO 7-9s being driven around.

On a multi-million supercar level, the GTR is like the Ferrari. Common. Yet bewilders every person who pastes his eye on it.

Personally, among the "cheap" supercars available around, it's my top pick. Then the R8 comes next.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yup.. seeing more of these nissans rather than evos... magkano ba ngayon yung mga nissan godzilla na yan? i bet its like buying a brand new hyundai coupe or any supercar available here in the philippines.. (except for those ferraris.. heheehehe)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes, I've seen just a couple. In my defense, I may just not be looking hard enough.

I've seen an obsidian black and a gunmetal gray colored version being driven around the pasig and taguig area - both looked really nice.

Looking at prices posted online, ang sabi is that it comes in the range of 5M to 7.5M PHP for used to brand new ones, respectively. Pero, regardless, it's my top pick when it comes to supercars. As for comparison of costs, if you're referring to the new Hyundai sport coupe (Genesis, if I'm not mistaken - used by Rhys Millen in drifting), parang 1 1/2 to 2 full models yata mabibili mo sa presyo ng GTR.

No offense though, why compare it to the new Hyundai? Was there a new concept recently released by Hyundai which will match up to the GTR's AWD and 500-600 HP engine?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Oo nga bat di kaya irelease ng Nissan ito, covered naman ng Jpepa ito diba?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Nissan GTR haterz... bakit ang dami nila?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya ko naman bumili ng GTR... pero GC binili ko

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ahihi Ahoho.

Seriously, the GT-R is very cheap for the performance it gives. Very capable in the track and in Everyday driving. But it's main rival, the 911 Turbo will always be a different performer. It may not be 'faster' than the GT-R on the track, but the driver involvement, how it feels to be driven, how fun it is to drive is really really something you will find only in a Porsche.

I agree, i see more GT-Rs than Evo's. Better yet, i see MORE STi's than Evo's. The Evo is just way too overpriced at 3~3.2M. While the STi just retails at ~around 2.3-2.4M. And the STi is much faster too.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by earltheworm View Post
    Yes, I've seen just a couple. In my defense, I may just not be looking hard enough.

I've seen an obsidian black and a gunmetal gray colored version being driven around the pasig and taguig area - both looked really nice.

Looking at prices posted online, ang sabi is that it comes in the range of 5M to 7.5M PHP for used to brand new ones, respectively. Pero, regardless, it's my top pick when it comes to supercars. As for comparison of costs, if you're referring to the new Hyundai sport coupe (Genesis, if I'm not mistaken - used by Rhys Millen in drifting), parang 1 1/2 to 2 full models yata mabibili mo sa presyo ng GTR.

No offense though, why compare it to the new Hyundai? Was there a new concept recently released by Hyundai which will match up to the GTR's AWD and 500-600 HP engine?
    wow.. i didnt thought it will be priced 5M... no comparison naman between the hyundai coupe.. yun lang pumasok sa isip ko when I was posting previously.. i thought the GTR will be priced around 2M pesos already. but I was too far off... 5M pala! isang malaking house and lot na din ang presyo!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    5m is used

7m new

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast