New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Impossible naman na lumusot yung 'irregularities' ni Ghosn unless accounting at Nissan was letting him do it. I think it's really the merger idea with Renault that irked the board (possibly of both companies) so he ended up getting whacked. I can understand the Japanese directors not wanting to lose the Japanese identitiy of Nissan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Starting to look like a movie script.

Ex-Nissan boss Ghosn arrives in Beirut after jumping bail | Inquirer News

Catch me if you can part deux
    Reports from the BBC mention a daring escape involving "contractors" (mercenaries and ex-special forces) orchestrating an escape involving disguises and musical instruments.

Lebanon does not have an extradition treaty with Japan or the EU.

Sent using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si Lacson ang consultant niya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still believe Ghosn is innocent. Style nila sa Japan, they will make you admit to a crime you did not do para matapos na. Akala yata nila bibigay si Ghosn.

Well Nissan themselves are instrumental to their downfall for the second time. And there won’t be anyone like Carlos to save them this time.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible,
    his amazing escape from japan, is exactly what both parties wanted...?
    ...good escape and good riddance..
    save everybody the court woes..
    i mean, what will either party get to gain from the court proceedings?
    my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    I still believe Ghosn is innocent. Style nila sa Japan, they will make you admit to a crime you did not do para matapos na. Akala yata nila bibigay si Ghosn.

Well Nissan themselves are instrumental to their downfall for the second time. And there won’t be anyone like Carlos to save them this time.

kaya minamalas nissan ngayon. pabagsak na naman sila, dami din haters ng leaf.

iabalik na lang nila ang datsun hahaha

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Impossible naman na lumusot yung 'irregularities' ni Ghosn unless accounting at Nissan was letting him do it. I think it's really the merger idea with Renault that irked the board (possibly of both companies) so he ended up getting whacked. I can understand the Japanese directors not wanting to lose the Japanese identitiy of Nissan.

This is my theory as well. The proposed merger was just the straw that finally broke the camel's back. He probably made a lot of enemies on his way to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Reports from the BBC mention a daring escape involving "contractors" (mercenaries and ex-special forces) orchestrating an escape involving disguises and musical instruments.

Lebanon does not have an extradition treaty with Japan or the EU.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it possible,
    his amazing escape from japan, is exactly what both parties wanted...?
    ...good escape and good riddance..
    save everybody the court woes..
    i mean, what will either party get to gain from the court proceedings?
    my opinion.
    Part of me thinks this might just be a way for Japan to save face and get rid of Ghosn at the same time, given how high profile this case is. There's no indication that Ghosn was going to confess to the crime like they wanted

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

****ed up Japanese justice system. Buti na lang hindi ako inireklamo nung sinapak kong Ethiopian nung nag-masters ako dun hahaha

Why Japan Arrests Foreigners - YouTube

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Next week daw ilalabas ni Ghosn yung side niya sa media, ewan ko lang kung anu "expose" niya.

Pero medyo weird na "nakatakas" siya from Japan itself pero since medyo nasira pangalan ni Ghosn din sa mga allegation at cases filed baka mag counter media blitz na siya next week since pinatahimik siya ng Japan justice system.

Ewan ko lang din kung may tatamaan sa Renault mismo or strictly Nissan executives banatan niya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    This is my theory as well. The proposed merger was just the straw that finally broke the camel's back. He probably made a lot of enemies on his way to the top.
    Nissan isn't just a Japanese company, it was also one of the original shinko zaibatsu, these conglomerates survived even after World War 2.

The possibility of giving full control of a zaibatsu to a gaijin company might have been too much for the old guard at Nissan.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast