New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    hello there! I'm a newbie here..

i would like to seek some help lang po, i own a '01 exalta sta, im the second owner so i really dont know kung ano mga sira nya especially sa wirings. my problem po kasi, na drain yun battery ko to think wala pa 1 year yun battery and i have it checked sa motolite, my batt is all good daw., then napansin ko po whenever itaas ko ang driver's window may sound na parang umuugong and then mawawala sya after mga 10-15 secs, so im thinking baka cause yun bakit na didiskarga yun batt ko then nun nadiskarga sya, nawala din ang power ng stereo ko..., then ysterday my airbag indicator naman is blinking tapos nadiskarga din ang battery ko bigla..

Any help naman mga sir as to what to do and where i can bring my car, its so difficult tlga for a girl to know everything about this.. technically and mechanically.. HELP PLEASE??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Have a certified car electrician check your car internal electrical wirings to be sure.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    grounded oto mo. habang tulog ka sa gabi kinabukasan mahina na bateri ng oto mo

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nekynek View Post
    hello there! I'm a newbie here..

i would like to seek some help lang po, i own a '01 exalta sta, im the second owner so i really dont know kung ano mga sira nya especially sa wirings. my problem po kasi, na drain yun battery ko to think wala pa 1 year yun battery and i have it checked sa motolite, my batt is all good daw., then napansin ko po whenever itaas ko ang driver's window may sound na parang umuugong and then mawawala sya after mga 10-15 secs, so im thinking baka cause yun bakit na didiskarga yun batt ko then nun nadiskarga sya, nawala din ang power ng stereo ko..., then ysterday my airbag indicator naman is blinking tapos nadiskarga din ang battery ko bigla..

Any help naman mga sir as to what to do and where i can bring my car, its so difficult tlga for a girl to know everything about this.. technically and mechanically.. HELP PLEASE??
    for your battery problem of self discharging, all batteries decay in charge over time. but if the discharge rate is accelerated, you might want to check the battery top (top post type battery) and see if is wet and dirty. if it is, the electrolyte is seeping to the top and is soaked in the dirt making a galvanic connection between the positive and negative battery posts. you can verify this by connecting a voltmeter between the battery top and either battery post. if it reads voltage, it is slowly using your charge up a little bit at a time. parasitic drains does not sleep until the battery is dead. if the battery top is clean and dry, there could be an excessive parasitic drain from loads like the electronic tuned radio, engine computer, electric clock, body control memory, engine computer keep alive memory and the list goes on. have a competent electrician check the parasitic load. it should not be more than 30 millivolts

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    madaming factors yan sis.... pwedeng dahil 01 model na sentra mo yung grounding system eh hindi na maganda or loose na yung negative ground sa body, and or may grounded sa electrical system mo... pwede din alternator mo ang sira or may loose connection lang sa alternator.. or even the battery cables are loose or dirty...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    thanks for all your replies eventhough medyo technical and i hardly understand it.. i'll be bringing my car sa electrician tomorrow to have it check..

thanks guys!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

much better bro. they have the right tools and testing instrument to see the cause of your draining battery.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    if he's not your trusted repair guy, just hope he doesn't rip you off when he finds out you know nothing on those technicalities. one tip, get a warranty for the work done and check or ask the parts that he replaced...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sis pictures naman..... he.he...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    ...............battery) and see if is wet and dirty. if it is, the ...............
    Parang vagina un ah??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
batt easily drain -- stereo not functioning, airbag indicator blinking :(