New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I brought the xtrail to Subic and back last Friday. Played around with the cruise control, making sure I kept my speed between 95 to 105. Because it was raining hard I switched it to auto wheel drive to anticipate any slippery road conditions. The xtrail felt sure footed despite the strong rain and although I had to slow down at times because of poor visibility I never lost confidence in my ride. Despite the difficult conditions I did not feel the stress of the drive - could it be the antigravity seats or maybe because excited pa ako and I am thoroughly enjoying my new toy. Oh and as expected my FC has been gradually increasing with a large jump after my trip to 6km/L. I expect my FC to peak around this level, since my daily driving conditions tend to be more of city traffic than open highway.
    I also brought the car in for its 1000km inspection at nissan commonwealth. I made an appointment yesterday and although I arrived 30min early I was promptly served. I was briefed about the cost and actual services to be performed while the car was being check listed. After 20 min I was on my way home (I could have waited for the car but I decided to go home instead). Nissan commonwealth texted me after 3 hours that my vehicle was ready for pick up. I paid around 300 pesos and that was it. I was very happy with the efficiency and pleasantness of the whole experience.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    300 pesos sounds good. When is the next visit? After 4mo/6mo or 10000km? Which dealer?
    Last edited by StockEngine; July 21st, 2015 at 09:18 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Casamd,

Did they allow you to bring your own oil or they did not replace the oil at all?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by casamd View Post
    I brought the xtrail to Subic and back last Friday. Played around with the cruise control, making sure I kept my speed between 95 to 105. Because it was raining hard I switched it to auto wheel drive to anticipate any slippery road conditions. The xtrail felt sure footed despite the strong rain and although I had to slow down at times because of poor visibility I never lost confidence in my ride. Despite the difficult conditions I did not feel the stress of the drive - could it be the antigravity seats or maybe because excited pa ako and I am thoroughly enjoying my new toy. Oh and as expected my FC has been gradually increasing with a large jump after my trip to 6km/L. I expect my FC to peak around this level, since my daily driving conditions tend to be more of city traffic than open highway.
    I also brought the car in for its 1000km inspection at nissan commonwealth. I made an appointment yesterday and although I arrived 30min early I was promptly served. I was briefed about the cost and actual services to be performed while the car was being check listed. After 20 min I was on my way home (I could have waited for the car but I decided to go home instead). Nissan commonwealth texted me after 3 hours that my vehicle was ready for pick up. I paid around 300 pesos and that was it. I was very happy with the efficiency and pleasantness of the whole experience.
    1000km is supposed to be free inspection. Nothing to replace at all according to the manual.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Have driven my new Xtrail for 160km already and so far everything is a big improvement from T31.

The good:
    - Acceleration is better, same as the 1st gen Xtrail.
    - Suspension is softer and more compliant.
    - Aircon is very cold!
    - Stock speakers are good! I won't be changing it anytime soon
    - The 4WD is very useful in emergency situations. Was able to use it during backing up in uneven roads and when my wheel fell on a small canal! Wasn't expecting the canal to be That big! Hope my skirts are ok.
    - The stock HU is pretty good even with the small screen. Menus are fast and easy to navigate. But I still plan to change it soon.
    - Telescoping steering wheel. Very useful for me.
    - Body control is very good. Very minimal body roll compared to T31
    - The AVM is very nice! Just needs a bigger screen.

The bad:
    - My biggest gripe is the lack of thigh support in the driver seat. Even if I lift it at the highest position, it only lifts the butt part. I'm trying to find a thigh cushion or ask a 3rd party to lift the front part higher. For short trips it's ok but for long trips, I can feel the fatigue on my legs.
    - Engine is noisier than the T31 during initial acceleration only. Maybe it will improve after breaking in
    - Doors are lighter, although it is one way to reduce weight but the closing sound of the T31 feels more solid than T32
    - No more cup holders on the side aircons. This feature is sooo underrated!!! I can't stress the usefulness of that cup holder location
    - The aircon defaults to ventilation mode whenever I turn it off. I don't know if it can be set to recirculation mode whether you turn it on and off
    - The pearl white color is not as white as my T31. But this is a minor issue hehe. The bright white looks classier to me.

I will provide more feedback as I drive it more. But I hope anyone can help me with the thigh support thing as it is the only thing that bothers me. Putting a towel under my thigh is the simplest solution I can think of as of now.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    - The aircon defaults to ventilation mode whenever I turn it off. I don't know if it can be set to recirculation mode whether you turn it on and off.
    Have you tried pressing the recirculation button again? I think it will close the vent. Then it will be the new default.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Have you tried pressing the recirculation button again? I think it will close the vent. Then it will be the new default.
    I tried pressing the recirculation button when the aircon is off, when I turn it on it is still in recirculation, but after a few minutes it goes back to ventilation mode so I have to press recirculation again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I tried pressing the recirculation button when the aircon is off, when I turn it on it is still in recirculation, but after a few minutes it goes back to ventilation mode so I have to press recirculation again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Same with our 4x2. It automatically goes to ventilation specially when you make the temp higher. The thing is it does so when I'm behind a bus or a jeep or a truck. I have to look at it from time to time to put it back to recirculating. Asked the SA and he has heard comments about this. Not like other cars that "learn" your preference.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I think the climate control unit makes a bunch of assumptions that don't necessarily apply to countries like ours. For example, after a certain time, the unit switches from re-circ mode to outside air. I'm guessing it assumes that the driver would like the cabin air "refreshed" at some point (it is indeed bad to stay on re-circ mode for extended periods), however it just doesn't work for our country, as you can be behind a bus or a jeep, in traffic, and start breathing exhaust fumes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by casamd View Post
    I didn't have to pay anything at all for my first 1K.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I agree about the comment on the Pearl White color. Toyota does a much better Pearl White, with more of the pearlescent paint mixed in. The pearlescent effect of Nissan's pearl white is quite mild.