New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I found out we are lucky to get this head unit in the 4x4 variant as the Mxtron brand cannot be installed on the 7 inch Nissan Connect head unit in other countries as it has a different harness. I may buy it once I get my unit. Crossing my fingers that I get it within the week.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/DSC_1650.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/DSC_1649.jpg

The head unit of the casa. Can only fit 4x2 variants.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/godprime/DSC_1650.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/godprime/DSC_1649.jpg

The head unit of the casa. Can only fit 4x2 variants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_1649.jpg   dsc_1650.jpg  

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    How much po yang casa headunit? Android din?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skylightpigeon View Post
    As per casa it's P60k with backup camera, gps and bluetooth. But you can actually negotiate for it at only 40k if you will buy the 4x2 unit. They will just offset the 40k discount or just add a little more. Add another P19k for leather seats and the 4x2 variant will have a better value now compared to last year. But I don't know if it's android as I didn't see it in action, but I'm guessing it's not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skylightpigeon View Post

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    looks like another China HU for X-Trail. Definitely not OEM. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's android. But still, overpriced even if they price it at 40k.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yah, still overpriced at P40k but there are limited HU options for Xtrail as of now so customers have very limited choices. Some customers don't want the hassle of installing a 3rd party HU by themselves. But at least there is an option available than nothing at all. Malaysia's distributor have an upgrade for the 4x4 HU, I hope NPI can bring that HU here.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Yah, still overpriced at P40k but there are limited HU options for Xtrail as of now so customers have very limited choices. Some customers don't want the hassle of installing a 3rd party HU by themselves. But at least there is an option available than nothing at all. Malaysia's distributor have an upgrade for the 4x4 HU, I hope NPI can bring that HU here.
    Watch this to see how simple it is to install:

Then tell me if you feel it's worth the additional 20K premium to have the dealership install what is essentially a similar unit. Even if you don't want to install it yourself, and have a shop install it for you, at most it they would charge you P500 for the job.

My point is that the dealership is not offering you an OEM option to begin with. And honestly, installing a third party HU doesn't void your warranty. Anyway, at the end of the day, it's your money, and if you feel more comfortable buying it from the dealer then just go for it. I'm just concerned about value for your money. 40K goes a long way in other accessories (e.g. a custom built sub and a 4 channel amp, etc.).

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Sama ako dyan sa ramen. Tulungan mo na din ako sa harness ko. [emoji16] Tinatamad na ako mag baklas uli ng dashboard. [emoji52]
    Haha sure. Let's schedule it. Note though that I haven't seen whether your harness is exactly the same as my unit...so no guarantees. But happy to help regardless. You know how to reach me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by casamd View Post
    4x4 sir irmscher, ha ha sige sir pagiisipan ko talaga yan Baka maganda mag meet tayo mga may bagong xtrail para puede tayo mag compare ng mga accessories at magka idea tayo sa magandang set up?
    Check out the MXTRON install video I posted. If you have the 4x4 with around view cameras, you don't even need to install the MXTRON reverse camera at all. As you can see in the vid, the MXTRON unit works with the around view cameras, so that feature gets ported over. Best though to check with them prior to purchasing to be 100% sure.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscher View Post
    Watch this to see how simple it is to install:

Then tell me if you feel it's worth the additional 20K premium to have the dealership install what is essentially a similar unit. Even if you don't want to install it yourself, and have a shop install it for you, at most it they would charge you P500 for the job.

My point is that the dealership is not offering you an OEM option to begin with. And honestly, installing a third party HU doesn't void your warranty. Anyway, at the end of the day, it's your money, and if you feel more comfortable buying it from the dealer then just go for it. I'm just concerned about value for your money. 40K goes a long way in other accessories (e.g. a custom built sub and a 4 channel amp, etc.).
    Thanks for the video. I know it's still expensive and personally, I would ask the casa to install it for me. I plan to buy the 8 inch model once I get my unit hopefully within the week. I'm tempted to get the 10 inch but I realized I won't be able to drive well without the dedicated buttons. I didn't quite see where they put the GPS receiver. Where did you put yours?

I'm just talking on behalf of other customers who don't have time to mod their Xtrails that they can get a moderately good deal without all the headache. But an available option is still on option so cheers to our Xtrails! What other accessories do you plan to get?