New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chicosci View Post
    Thanks din for the insight sir. Planning to test drive the 1.8 soon. Btw how is the fuel consumption of your unit?

Ako kasi route ko will be qc to makati everyday using edsa.

To all other 1.8 users na dumadaan ng edsa rush hour traffic. Appreciate if you could share your fuel consumption [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I am planning to enroll to some driving school here in metro manila. hindi pa kasi ako sanay magdrive manual eh. However, my auncle told me that it is better to hire some taxi at ako na daw bahala sa fuel. May taxi kaya papayag nun? Magasto kasi daw pag mag eenrol ka even if there will be a certification. Saan kaya pwede magdrive na hindi masyadong matraffic?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chico020 View Post
    I am planning to enroll to some driving school here in metro manila. hindi pa kasi ako sanay magdrive manual eh. However, my auncle told me that it is better to hire some taxi at ako na daw bahala sa fuel. May taxi kaya papayag nun? Magasto kasi daw pag mag eenrol ka even if there will be a certification. Saan kaya pwede magdrive na hindi masyadong matraffic?
    Try socialites driving. They were way cheaper than a1 before. But that was many, many moons ago.

-------

Anyway, how is the performance of the CVT? Did anyone experience any issues or problems? I am choosing between the Sylphy and City as they seem to be in the same price range.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Anyway, how is the performance of the CVT? Did anyone experience any issues or problems? I am choosing between the Sylphy and City as they seem to be in the same price range.[/QUOTE]

nung una may konting delay - mukhang sadya to gain fuel economy pero pina adjust ko sa Nissan North Edsa galing ng pag kaka adjust nila . So wala nang delay ngayon. go with the Sylphy lalo na pag family use sobrang comfy at spacious. and surprisingly durable pang ilalim nya. unlike the old models. (based on my personal experience though).

*tagal na pala ng post mo haha di ko napansin sorry.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi everyone,

Planning to get this car if budget permits. Else, Almera A/T.
    Sylphy is better in every angle. We are looking on the M/T model if Sylphy.
    Have you heard if there will be a model refresh?
    Also, regardless of the displacement sylphy engines are EFI, right?

BTY, my location is Davao

Sent from my vivo V3 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Is it worth buying a secondhand 2016 1.8 Sylphy at 550k?

How about a 2016 1.6 CVT at 510k?

I'm strongly considering this car because of leg room and my budget is just within the 500k price range.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post

I'm strongly considering this car because of leg room and my budget is just within the 500k price range.

Go for the 1.8L as it is the top-end model. That's quite a bargain for a 2-year-old car, around half of what it costs now.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015

kung 30k or less ang takbo at no untoward history of accident or whatever, that is a steal. go for it.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks Egan101 and moneyp

Any other Sylphy-specific concerns I should consider or look into when checking the unit?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thanks Egan101 and moneyp

Any other Sylphy-specific concerns I should consider or look into when checking the unit?
    1.6CVT Sylphy owner here.
    If that is the price difference of 2nd hand 1.8 vs 1.6, I suggest 1.8 na bilhin mo.
    For one thing, 1.6 requires you to buy premium unleaded, so 2php per liter more expensive ka na agad sa gas station. hehe! =)

CVT, no issues ako sa Sylphy naman. Ride still comfortable even now, after 4 years.

Pero, I am just having 20k checkup after 4 years. Haha! So I'm not sure sa mas gamit na na owners ng Sylphy. Pero I like it more than the newer Altis still, so I can't complain.

When driving it, try not to floor it too much, that's not how CVTs were meant to be used because they were designed for efficiency. Kahit na 2000rpm lang hataw ko, enough na yun to keep up with regular traffic sa highway or expressway. =)

Now, my main concern has to do with the aircon being tempermental kaya pinapacheck ko yung akin. Not sure bakit nagkaissue. Basically buga ng aircon paminsan ipit sa windshield and foot mode lang. Ayaw bumuga sa mukha ko. Haha! So may nagloloko sa unit ko. Pero malamig pa din kahit na di ko naramdaman yung hangin so can't really complain much. =)

And yung lintik na rear view mirror ko talon ng talon sa lubak! Nilagyan ko na ng adhesive binalatan pa din niya. Haha! Kaya bumiyak na yung compression grip niya sa loob. Pinapapalitan ko na sa Nissan ulit.

Also, yung lettering niya, nakadouble sided lang siya, hindi tornilyo. Yung P ng Sylphy ko muntik na mahulog sa makati. Buti nakita ko and pinilas ko na bago nahulog. =) Naaraw ng sobra ng isa sa mga bintana dun, kaya natunaw yung adhesive. hehe!

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just to update.

I own a 1.6CVT Sylphy which ran with stock Bridgestone Ecopia's EP150 195/60 R16. One thing I always hated about them was road noise.

Since naligaw ako papunta SnR, nalaman ko na may Eastwest application na every application 1500php GC ng SnR. So, kasama ng kapatid ko at magulang ko, apply kami lahat.

I got 6k worth of GC's.

Next, research. After some time online, I found Hankook Ventus and Yokohama BluEarths as possible alternatives to replace the shoes of the Sylphy. But there was a catch. The Ecopia's size wasn't really "standard" and only a few brands had similar sizing for them.

I was given options with Hankook and Yokohoma but I wasn't really that sure and researched online.

After going through reviews of Eco (fuel saving) Tires, I managed to decide on ES32. I ended up with a new size of 205/55 r16. Based on the conversion, it would be a reduction of tire overall size by 4%.

But after replacing all 4 tires, the reduction in road noise is just a huge breath of relief. It's just been 2 days so I can't really say if I've improved the mileage on the car but will report back on them.

Honestly, the Ecopia could last 70k kms and I've only run them for 20k kms. But they are 5 years old already and I've been looking for the chance to replace them as I really hated the stock rubbers. Hopefully, this gives me overall better mileage as well.

I'm honestly very happy with the tire. I managed to sell the old rubbers as well to someone who wants to buy them from me so that also saved me a bit of cash.

I decided to replace them in SnR because of the free rotation and balancing. The price different with Yokohama West Avenue (Westlake) was just around 300php per tire so I opted to just dive in to buying from SnR. I just keep a copy of the receipt in the glove box so I have free vulcanizing, balancing and rotation now that will most likely be able to utilize for the better part of 6 years before I need to replace them with new rubber. =)

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy