The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    i thought this is normal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess I'd have to clarify. I felt it was too pronounced in the Sylphy compared to the 2008 City or 2009 Altis. Both do have the "jumping" up and down, but not as pronounced inside the cabin. So that surprised me when it came to the Sylphy.

But I can live with it, just hope there is a way to minimize it. =)

I guess I'd have to clarify. I felt it was too pronounced in the Sylphy compared to the 2008 City or 2009 Altis. Both do have the "jumping" up and down, but not as pronounced inside the cabin. So that surprised me when it came to the Sylphy.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

many things go into "neutralizing" that jumping.. the upholstery is technically not part of the suspension system, but it does contribute to the dampening of that feeling..

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

many things go into "neutralizing" that jumping.. the upholstery is technically not part of the suspension system, but it does contribute to the dampening of that feeling..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    ah! the "traffic quakes".. nothing much can be done about it.. it's the entire road that is moving, not a bump..

the suspension and aerodynamics of the car can do only so much.. the rest, we just have to grin and bear it.
    or get a bigger, heavier car..
    bro IIRC sa grandia ganun din

ah! the "traffic quakes".. nothing much can be done about it.. it's the entire road that is moving, not a bump..

the suspension and aerodynamics of the car can do only so much.. the rest, we just have to grin and bear it.
    or get a bigger, heavier car..[/QUOTE]bro IIRC sa grandia ganun din[/QUOTE]

+1 on this![emoji4]

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sylphys look heavy as it is quite big for it's class but mine is a manual and the net weight is only 595kilos and gross weight at 1190kilos as indicated on my CR. it actually is light.[emoji4]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Sylphys look heavy as it is quite big for it's class but mine is a manual and the net weight is only 595kilos and gross weight at 1190kilos as indicated on my CR. it actually is light.[emoji4]
    OR CR is wrong. Curb weight is around 1190. The 595 is likely max load.

OR CR is wrong. Curb weight is around 1190. The 595 is likely max load.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    595 kg is lighter than a first gen Miata (980 kg).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Double checked my CR and it is stated that the net weight is 595kilos with a gross weight of 1,190kilos shipping weight is 595kilos and net capacity of 595kilos

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Double checked my CR and it is stated that the net weight is 595kilos with a gross weight of 1,190kilos shipping weight is 595kilos and net capacity of 595kilos
    the curb weights of the wigo and mirage hatches are 820 kg and 800 kg, respectively.
    consulting the owner's manual should straighten things out..
    after all, that manual came from the manufacturer..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 27th, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Good evening sir 17 Sphynx17
    What is the FC of your sylphy 1.6 cvt ?
    For city & hi way, thanks !

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex706 View Post
    Good evening sir 17 Sphynx17
    What is the FC of your sylphy 1.6 cvt ?
    For city & hi way, thanks !
    Hi Alex706. Re FC, the average traffic I encounter is usually on the high side.

City average speed of around 13-15kmph, it is ranging between 7.5 to 8km/l. (Manual compute)
    City average speed of around 18kmph, it is ranging between 8.3km/l to 8.5km/l. (manual compute)
    City average speed of around 22 kmph, it is already around 9km/l. (manual compute)

Though right now, the average speed i usually have between full tanks is at the low side of 13kmph which is why my FC is low for the time being.

As for highway, average speed of around 40-45kmph resulted in 16.1km/l if I am not mistaken. You'd have to backread this thread to be sure of the data. I can't quite remember it. It would surely have improved more if I could average at 60kmph, but that had 15% driving distance and time within city limits with idling.

Right now, I am also trying out different fuel for the Sylphy to try and see whether that affect accuracy of computer readout vs manual method to compute fc (full tank method).

Hope that helps.

Edit: To clarify, up to now I am just at 4500kms with my ownership of the vehicle because last year I barely used it due to the reports of no plate no travel since september 2014. So I really minimized my use of the vehicle on only for short trips where I was sure there was little police visiblity. I just had my 5k PMS done last week so I do think my number would improve but I am still testing it out and will report back here.

EDIT 2: Just to note, the Shell Nito+ 95RON I recently topped off the Sylphy resulted in a 93% accuracy even though it stayed in the tank for more than 3 weeks. So the accuracy change was promising compared to the 89% accuracy I was getting with Seaoil Extreme 97. What's funny though is the number on the readout was immediately lower as well for the same average speed so I am not sure if it means the Seaoil mix is a bit more "volatile"/easy to evaporate or the engine is more comfortable with Euro 2.

After 3 full tanks with Shell I might just force myself to try a slightly off route Unioil Euro 4 to just validate this idea if it could be related.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy