New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    so current JDM Skyline is actually a stretched 350Z?
    More like a shortened V35 Skyline, they still have different bodies, but have the same basic platform designs(FM Platform) and mechanicals(suspension, VQ engines etc).

The V35 Skyline was released about a year earlier than the Fairlady Z(350Z).

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    2008 SKYLINE TESTING AT NURBURGRING!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    6 pot brembos FTW! ang ganda.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana may orig LHD.

Orig LHD + zero-tariff by 2010 = affordable GT-R

By 2010, the 2008 GT-R will still be in production, albeit with improvements pa.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    presyong porsche din ang skyline gt-r diba?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's roomy because it was based on a big saloon in the first place.

This upcoming Skyline will most likely be smaller inside, being based on the 350Z platform.

In pictures, it looks more taut and compact than the old ones.
    Bro, the R35 is not based on any 350z platform, it's a totally stand alone and unique project.. u know being a GTR and all. It just so happens that one man is largely responsible for those designs, its d Nissan Senior VP of Design Mr. Shiro Nakamura. And as per Mr. Nakamura "The next GTR will be nothing like a 350Z or a G35...at all aspects."

Worldwide anticipation is a conservative way to describe how people is reacting upon this new "Godzilla", as a matter of fact, there are current cult like followers of the R35 and to think that the damn car isn't launched yet! Simply dubbed by the auto critics world wide as the ultimate japanese super car, as I would quote " It's the most exciting car Japan has ever produced. Sorry supra, too bad nsx, but there's nothing like quite like a GT-R..." from the pages of the leading car/tuner mag Sport Compact Car Aug. 2006 ish.

I just hope it'll continue to be a... "GTR", to still have its legendary repertoire that other sport/super car would die for (ya know, like having 29 consecutive major race wins, onced banned by international motorsports for being too dominating, set lap records at nurburgring... thing like that ). Ang drawback lang daw as per auto critics is that baka mawala or mabawasan ang image at reputation nito when launched worldwide unlike its older brothers na limited production lang and was sold to japan only (ganun kc nila kamahal yung gtr kya ayaw nila ipabenta outside their homeland).. but for now let's just sit back and wait..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro, the R35 is not based on any 350z platform, it's a totally stand alone and unique project.. u know being a GTR and all. It just so happens that one man is largely responsible for those designs, its d Nissan Senior VP of Design Mr. Shiro Nakamura. And as per Mr. Nakamura "The next GTR will be nothing like a 350Z or a G35...at all aspects."
    The new GT-R is a stand alone model, but it will be based on the new FR-L platform (updated FM-platform) used by the 2007 JDM Skyline and Infiniti G35.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *IGNITED

Initial word and rumor was that the new GTR would be based on the same front-midship platform as the current Skyline and 350Z. It's just that things have changed a lot in the past few years, as the concept was developing.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The new GT-R is a stand alone model, but it will be based on the new FR-L platform (updated FM-platform) used by the 2007 JDM Skyline and Infiniti G35.
    But, as AG4 says, the platform will not be bespoke. As part of Nissan's current manufacturing strategy, NO MODEL is truly standalone, but shares its chassis, some mechanical bits, and basic engine parts with other Nissan models.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *IGNITED

Initial word and rumor was that the new GTR would be based on the same front-midship platform as the current Skyline and 350Z. It's just that things have changed a lot in the past few years, as the concept was developing.

But, as AG4 says, the platform will not be bespoke. As part of Nissan's current manufacturing strategy, NO MODEL is truly standalone, but shares its chassis, some mechanical bits, and basic engine parts with other Nissan models.
    Yep.. I agree w/ u very much on that brothers, syempre naman every now and then my "common" sa mga sports to d super car ng nissan kahit paano, but let me clear lang na what I'm saying is that the next GTR is NOT based on the 350Z platform. Coz when u say it is based on a 350z, dun sa car na yun kinuha ng nissan designers yung ideas to make d new GTR right?

Yes, it will be based on a variation of the front mid ship (FM) concept that underpins the next generation Infiniti G35 coupe. The logic behind this choice is clear: variations of the FM platform underpin a host of other nissan/infiniti products (everything from the Z to the FX45), and refining and repurposing existing technology instead creating from scratch is how CEO Ghosn garnered his nick name, "Le Cost Killer". Hope I got myself clear to u bros.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I've seen the new design of the new skyline before maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I thought that was the next skyline that will be introduced but I was shocked when a different skyline was produced...the one that looks like a 350Z...anyway, I hope the R35 will be featured on the next fast and the furious sequel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R